Transporting Hadrurus arizonensis

BonnieClyde

Arachnopeon
I am moving soon, so I'll be selling off my h. arizonensis to a local, will it be alright for me to transport the animal in the terrarium while it's burrowed? He's sealed off his burrow and there's really no chance of me getting to it for a safe transport. It's a pretty solid sand/clay mixture, but I'm worried about a cave in if there's any bumps during the journey.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
As long as it’s close by, and without any heavy, sharp, large objects in the enclosure, your scorpion will most likely be okay.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I am moving soon, so I'll be selling off my h. arizonensis to a local, will it be alright for me to transport the animal in the terrarium while it's burrowed? He's sealed off his burrow and there's really no chance of me getting to it for a safe transport. It's a pretty solid sand/clay mixture, but I'm worried about a cave in if there's any bumps during the journey.
As BoyFromLA says take out all hides, water dishes, ornaments etc. just leaving the firm substrate in place.Fit a lid and make sure it's taped firmly on, should be okay. As long as your journey is not from Alaska to the South Pole.

Lubed Tweezer

Arachnolord
I've seen videos on YouTube on how couriers handle those packages.....
You might as well kill your scorpion right here right now... :p

On a more serious note, I would dig it out and ship it in a suitable container.
I wouldn't trust the substrate to handle several G's of force during transport.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince
I've seen videos on YouTube on how couriers handle those packages.....
You might as well kill your scorpion right here right now... :p

On a more serious note, I would dig it out and ship it in a suitable container.
I wouldn't trust the substrate to handle several G's of force during transport.
But he’s talking about transporting it himself, not shipping it by a courier.