Transfering to US possibly

JimiJimo

Arachnopeon
So another country I will possibly transfer to is the US is there a chance I can legally bring my tarantulas with me? Im from somewhere in asia but all but one of my Tarantulas are from the American continent, any suggestions? thanks! :)

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
I don't think that's possible. Even if it were, then I can imagine it costing a lot of money and troubles.
Better to find them new home and start your collection over again in the US.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
You have two parts to this equation. Exporting from your country and importing to the USA. When I have moved between Europe/Asia/US I have only had cats/dogs so I don't have experience with inverts, but probably start here: https://www.fws.gov/permits/ImportExport/ImportExport.html if you're going to ship them. It was very expensive for us and a lot of red tape and paperwork so I'm guessing inverts would be even more.

If you're wanting to bring them on a flight, you will add another complexity and that's whether or not they will allow the Ts on the flight. IME, most airlines allow cats and dogs and that's it. A girlfriend of mine had a terrible time trying to bring her rabbit back to the US from Italy. She was finally able to, but it was very expensive and I don't remember exactly how it happened. I believe it was a 3rd party transport.