Transfering My Female Pandinus imperator & Slings To A New Tank - Video

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
When I was feeding my scorpions this scorpions 2.5gal was in need of a change, and with a closer examination I noticed I had another brood of slings... So since she needed a tank change badly I set up a new 10gal false Bottom and transfered her over to it. The longest and most difficult part of the move was excavating the hide and removing the 1/2 log without dumping 'dirt' all over her and her babies. :p

I would not suggest moving a mom with kids on board, but her tank needed changed. When moving I did noticed a smaller sling hanging from her backside being drug all around, it finally came loose and did not make it. Still there seems to be 10± on her back.

:D

[YOUTUBE]PRXNxdYu36o[/YOUTUBE]​

Last edited:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm sure the tank change could of waited. What was wrong with it?

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm sure the tank change could of waited. What was wrong with it?
It was cramped for one thing, and the log had 'tons' of those white bugs all over it. She is doing fine right now in her new tank. :cool:

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Those little mites don't do any harm. As for the crampness... I would of waited for the kids to get off the mothers back. But nice set up. Looks kinda like mine.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Those little mites don't do any harm. As for the crampness... I would of waited for the kids to get off the mothers back. But nice set up. Looks kinda like mine.
I was not sure how those bugs would affect the little ones... that was my main worry.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Very risky move of transfering her when she had babies on her back, but she is fine and hasn't eaten any or anything after the move?

In the last couple of seconds of the video, did one of the babies fall off the mom? I can see it or something on the ground.

Thaedion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Very risky move of transfering her when she had babies on her back, but she is fine and hasn't eaten any or anything after the move?

In the last couple of seconds of the video, did one of the babies fall off the mom? I can see it or something on the ground.
I know it is risky and I wouldn't recommend it, but the tank was up for a change anyway and I needed to do it.

She wasn't irate nor stressed, when I put her in her new tank she just explored and found a new hide to occupy. She didn't eat any of the young and none fell off in the transfer.

The one that was off on the ground was dangling from her backside in the old tank, (you can see it dangling in the video as I lift out the 1/2 log) there were two others at the entrance of the hide in the old tank that had fallen off and were being scavenged by the carrion mites. That was the main concern for me as to decide to move her out.

Like I said earlier, I didn't even know this one was gravid it was a total shocker to see them.