Transfering Fiesty T's

ACoopBB24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im getting a shippment from Swifty on either Tues. or Wed. and i need to get the best method of transfering fiesty slings to their enclosures......

the 2 im worried about r and Usambara and an Asian Cheveron....2 very fast and aggressive little buggers.......

please let me know how u guys do it

Thanx in advance

Paladin

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
go into the bathroom, plug all escape routes with a towel (i.e. under the door) then put the tank in the tub and use a deli cup. Even though they can climb the walls of the tub, their a lil slower.

The second method is to put the tank/cage into the refrigerator for a few minutes and it will make them lethargic.

hope that helps. someone should add something later

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I transfer them the same way I transfer any sling.

I get their container ready, paintbrush, empty deli cup, and a larger sized empty tank/kritterkeeper. I sit in the middle of my living room where any escapee will be in plain view and will probably tire out long before it reaches anywhere. The new home goes into the empty larger container as a second "retaining wall". Then I just open the shipping container and remove the paper towelling, peat, whatever it is they came shipped in and guide them into their new home. Spider wrangling really isn't very difficult with slings of any variety. Worst case scenario is one of them runs up your arm or down into the backup container.

T

Tarantula

I have adults of both species and I generally just plop deli cups over them and then slide the lid underneath them. THis works like a charm.

Joanie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I combine a couple of the already mentioned methods.....basically what Code Monkey said he does, only in the bathtub with my bathroom door shut and the bottom blocked with a towel.

I haven't had problems moving any of my spiders except the Usambara, though, which I had to chase around for a minute or two.