Tranachaluas

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 9.52.26 AM.png
I love all the creative spelling people come up with for Ts. When one of my stepkids was little she spelled it "tranchla" on a card for me; it was adorable. What are your favorite creative misspellings of our favorite spiders?

Table

Arachnosquire
I opened this because of the title, but my favorit is "terantchula" That was from my little sister o_O (who is 30)

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
mispelled or mispronounced words arent to bad :Di was leaving my apartment the other day walked past a teenage kid arguing with his sibling over which candy was g"ooder" i almost had to ask them whats "gooder"?

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I love them, too. My favorites are “tranchlas” or “tranchlars”, which seems to be the variant from across the pond.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
I haven't seen too many, but one I remember is "turentula"

So close yet so far

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
I've known people who actually pronounce it like tranchula. (Or, chranchula if you will.) Annoys me to no end.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
My 22 year old cousin for some reason can’t say tarantula at all it always comes out as churlanchoolah, same for the words San Francisco, but that’s another story for another time.

Timc

Arachnosquire
My phone will sometimes autocorrect GBB to BBQ. Does that count?

Jess S

Arachnobaron
My kid once said "Why are you buying more trannies?!" My collection has sinceforth been affectionately named my Trannie Collection..