Trade with Mat (chau0046)

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Last Saturday I headed up to the Ottawa area to do some trades. I got to meet Mat (chau0046) and see his collection. It was a blast and I took a bunch of pictures, most of which didn't turn out well at all due to a lack of good light. I will, however, post those that I have.

First, a pic of one of the three C.exilicauda I traded him. The hand is mine. I would not recommend handling any medically significant scorpions, which is what I am doing in this pic.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Last is a picture of the adult C.gracilis that he has. Unfortunately, the other pics didn't really turn out well, so that is all I have to show for the occasion.

Cheers,
Dave

Attachments

Reitz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Awww . . .

The little ones look just like mine!

Careful with those hots, Dave!

And congrats on unloading some of those little ones, Mat. I've still got all 20, and they're getting plumper!

Chris

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey i know those scorps!!!

Yeah i was great having Dave over, Its nice to have some who is interested to exchange personal knowledge and experience in youre own home.

Mat

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I`m presently setting up the C. exilcauda`s new tank. I`m keeping Daves incloser in mind with a little bit of Mat touch to it.

Beauties!!! And man do they ever glow!

There also almost positevly gravid !!;P

So i might have a whole huge amount of scorps for sale in the near future!!After i add to my colonies This show will be on the road!1=D =D =D

Mat

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Damn you all make me mad just posting pics about your bugs...lol. I'm totally friggen jealous. I'm so poor I can't afford anything good these days.

Man.......JUST YOU WAIT!! =D

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Nice pics Dave...boy those C.gracilis are tiny...about the size that my baby M.martensii were...which is all the more interesting since an adult M.martensii is about half the size of an adult C.gracilis.

John
];')

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They take on crickets there own size !

Man,,,The crickets jump and stuff after the scorp grabs it and they both go flying around the little deli cup ...untill the C. gacilis lands a good sting or two. They tackle crickets better than the Mom does. And she`s pretty ferociouse(sp?)...Not too cool with crickets walking around in her tank. The other ...wich i first thought was a male has been eating like a pig and has made be beleive it isn`t really a male but a small female.SH Dave helped me with this ID. But not without me loosing grip of the big female when transfering to smaller critter keeper for viewing. She did the `ol "FREAK THE F*@# out" manuver and managed to escaped down the back of the aquarium and then down the back of the chest her tank was placed.

I did , however, learn that scorps energy supply is limited to one good flee and than they chill. She was maybe a two foot traveling distance from where she wiggled away. Dave managed to rear it with the tongs and it barely tried to run or anything. .

But ,s**t, you should have seen my g-friend bolt out the door and cover the bottom with towels. HEHEHE...LOL

Mat

Last edited: