Trade Scolopendra (Centipede) for a new T?

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey everyone.

I have a 6+ inch S. Subspinipes, and recently I think the novelty has worn off. Don't get me wrong, it's an incredible creature and remarkable predator, but I never see her. She's very reclusive and I never see her eat.
My P. Murinus might not be much better, but I love that thing to death. Seeing her feet stick out from her amazing webs, etc, just seems so much more interesting. And she is a much steadier eater, whereas I dont know if my pede is just sleeping or if it will eat anything at all, haha.

So what are some thoughts?

My shop has a P. Lugardi (pterinochilus is my favorite genus), that I may consider.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hey everyone.

My shop has a P. Lugardi (pterinochilus is my favorite genus), that I may consider.
do what you want but know that a P. lugardi is a pretty cheap T and i would nto trade a subspinipes of any size for one.

<edit> I would like to point out that theres nothing wrong wiht a lugardi, jus that i think you could get a more interesting T or at least a more expensive T for your pede...maybe

Last edited:

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
do what you want but know that a P. lugardi is a pretty cheap T and i would nto trade a subspinipes of any size for one.

<edit> I would like to point out that theres nothing wrong wiht a lugardi, jus that i think you could get a more interesting T or at least a more expensive T for your pede...maybe
Well the pedes run for 25 bucks there, and the Lugardi runs for 30 or so, so basically the same neck of the woods. I suppose I'll just go down there and see.

ornata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I am very interested in your s. subspinipes, but there is two problems:

1. I live i Norway
2. I have noe tarantulas to trade, but I can pay though:)

But do you know if it works to shipp a scolopendra to europe?

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well the pedes run for 25 bucks there, and the Lugardi runs for 30 or so, so basically the same neck of the woods. I suppose I'll just go down there and see.
hmm you may check with some online dealers and sell the pede out right may be better. i only gave 12 for my lugardi at 3.5"

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am very interested in your s. subspinipes, but there is two problems:

1. I live i Norway
2. I have noe tarantulas to trade, but I can pay though:)

But do you know if it works to shipp a scolopendra to europe?
I'm sure it's possible if you have enough money for shipping, and it's overnight or something. I wouldnt risk it though.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hmmm, I am actually considering trading in the Centipede for like 50 frozen fuzzy mice for my hungry baby pyxie. I am planning on doing an experiment to see if a staple of mice coupled with powdered suppliments and decent heat providing accelerated metabolic rates will lead to faster growth.