Toxicology

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does somebody know a good page or other medium, where I can get further information about tarantula venom. Not just the fact that it is not dangerous to man :). The best would be something where the potence of the venom of different species is given in LD50. Does something like that exist??
Greets
Chris

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm not aware of the existance of an LD50 chart for tarantulas. I suspect that the fact that there haven't been any recorded deaths from tarantula bites has discouraged anyone from doing the research required to create one. I'd be interested in seeing it if you come accross one, however!

Wade

Advocatus

Arachnopeon
I haven't seen anyone around, but I have seen L. Mactans at a LD50 chart (value of 0.90) ... not a tarantula, but it's the closest I've ever been ...
If someone do find one, please share it here :)

dilleo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ummm, I've seen a couple of sites that sell it, maybe they'll know more. spider farm . com or something and some beneficial insect sites sell it also. I'll try to post it later when I find it.

-Jeremy

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The closest I came through was the mentioning of a B. smithi in such a chart. But that was the only tarantula species appearing :(. Wade, I guess you are right with your explanation... If somebody should find such a thing, post it plz.

Pyrdacor

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks Martin for that information. I'm going to see if i can get it somewhere.