Totally laughable caresheet!

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Hahahaha did someone just make that stuff up it sounds like a donald trump speach

Last edited by a moderator:

Dandrobates

Arachnoknight
Hmm apparently I’ve overlooked the risks of dermatitis. Also, what do you call someone who gets a C in medical school? Oh I forgot,.. “Doctor”

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Well, I sure got my brains scrambled reading that! My dad knows more about caring for tarantulas than this bozo. I find it passably interesting that he did mention you can help tarantulas that are stuck and not progressing in a moult by peeling the stuck part carefully away. That’s literally the only nugget of “pretty much right” info in the entire article.

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
According to Dr. Mark Mitchell, an exotics veterinarian at the University of Illinois Veterinary Teaching Hospital in Urbana, the most common pet species—the red knee tarantula, the Chilean rose spider, and the Goliath bird-eater—are technically "giant spiders" and not tarantulas.

After reading that, I hit the x button in the upper right hand corner.

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
I’m so afraid to ask. In twenty five words or less what did they say?
"Tarantulas suffer from the overwhelming stress of unnatural confinement and loneliness, they often lash out at owners who are usually unaware of their complex needs. " -PeTA

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Some of it was not terrible. This was overshadowed by the raging grease fire that was the overwhelming rest of it.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
"Tarantulas suffer from the overwhelming stress of unnatural confinement and loneliness, they often lash out at owners who are usually unaware of their complex needs. " -PeTA
Jeez! But I’m totally not surprised.

Python Patrol Exotics

Arachnopeon
This is insane! Sand and astro-turf

"For example, sand is good for the Chilean rose spider, which lives in the desert, and orchid bark is appropriate for the red knee tarantula, which lives in tropical forests. Artificial turf found in pet stores can also work well."

GalacticFurai

Arachnopeon
As I read further and further into the "care" sheet, I kept on saying
"Oh, no.." louder and more annoyed.
Even though it is quite old, it's still very horrific.
SO glad that forums like these are up, educating people about how to really care for them. Spread the knowledge!

DanJ

Arachnopeon
aces@illinois.edu - anybody care to write them an email? I would but my wording wouldn't be as good as some on this forum. This is literally one of the most stupid things I've read on T's online...

Aarantula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The really sad part is there’s Ts out there being cared for by someone who simply doesn’t know any better and read that care sheet.