Totally laughable caresheet!

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Hahahaha wtf did someone just make that stuff up it sounds like a donald trump speach
If one is going to disparage another by insinuating a lack of intelligence, one ought to ensure their spelling is correct.

Last edited:

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
To think this is the bloke people are trusting their animals with for medical procedures just astounds me.

"You haven't kept your dog properly, that's why it's shedding hair. I reccomend that you make it stand in water at all times so it's skin can soak up more moisture"

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
"According to Dr. Mark Mitchell, an exotics veterinarian at the University of Illinois Veterinary Teaching Hospital in Urbana, the most common pet species—the red knee tarantula, the Chilean rose spider, and the Goliath bird-eater—are technically "giant spiders" and not tarantulas."

Well, Dr. Mark Mitchell should be embarrassed at his poor level of education on this subject.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
If you can weasel your way through the absurdity of his statements, AND get your head around he’s a veterinarian, you can enjoy the icing on the cake that he is on staff at a...wait for it...TEACHING HOSPITAL!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
aces@illinois.edu - anybody care to write them an email? I would but my wording wouldn't be as good as some on this forum. This is literally one of the most stupid things I've read on T's online...
I just emailed them. As an entomology alum from UIUC I'm horrified that this is a thing.

The Seraph

Arachnolord
If you can weasel your way through the absurdity of his statements, AND get your head around he’s a veterinarian, you can enjoy the icing on the cake that he is on staff at a...wait for it...TEACHING HOSPITAL!
What a wonderful lesson to all the kids that you don't even have to try to be able make it in this world.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Doing a bit of thread resurrection here, but someone liked my comment and it brought me back here, so I figured I'd update. I emailed them and offered to help re-write the sheet to make it more accurate and to include more information and all I got was a terse reply about how I have to be faculty in order to help. We'll see how their "exotic pet veterinarian" does with it, assuming it gets done and is put back up someday.

MoranDisciple

Arachnosquire
Can someone link me the article? The old link is broken now (maybe they took it down lmao) but I really want to read it out of morbid curiosity...

MoranDisciple

Arachnosquire

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Oh god, it's far worse than I imagined. This was so awful it actually surpassed the "it's so bad I can't stop reading" category. I literally couldn't make it more than a few paragraphs in. The amount of completely incorrect information in that article makes me think, or at least desperately hope, that it's a parody of some kind.
I thought it was an onion article at first. The thought that it is written by a vet that is teaching other vets makes it that much worse!

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I notice the new link is from the Wayback Machine...I guess they couldn't take the heat.

"Maintain proper humidity by misting the environment, being careful not to mist the substrate and make it damp."

Say What?!? Someone please tell me how to do this (don't attack me for not knowing how to reverse gravity y'all, I've only been in this hobby for three years :anxious:)!

I almost think the Arachnoboards community should continue to mobilize and find other care sheets like these on "reputable" websites and make sure they correct the info.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Wow, the primary source even had a Phd...wow.
To be fair, the guy who wrote it/helped write it probably didn't spend much, if any, time working on inverts. But to be unfair, to get that PhD I'd assume there was a heavy research component, so one would think he'd know how to look things up, proper sources, etc......