Topsoil Q

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
FYI "inorganic" doesn't mean the opposite of "organic". It seems like it should (and in the world of chemistry, it kinds does) but when asking about organic soil versus soil that isn't organic, if you use the word "inorganic", people are likely going to be confused - there's not really any such thing as inorganic soil
This!!!!

For my Isopods I use peat moss (brand doesn't really matter) , gardening coco fiber and coco husk.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It I was spending 700 on isopods no wayy I would risk contamination by using a commercial brand of topsoil across ten new species all at once, and I would make your own soil mix using 100% straight ingredients or dig up top soil to use in your containers, I do both and have never had issues with either.

xXTristinaXx

Arachnobaron
It I was spending 700 on isopods no wayy I would risk contamination by using a commercial brand of topsoil across ten new species all at once, and I would make your own soil mix using 100% straight ingredients or dig up top soil to use in your containers, I do both and have never had issues with either.
I agree, I have been thinking just using reptile soil for the more expensive species just in case but this topsoil seems to be very good and the way to go. I’m also planning on getting white ducks. Also wanted to ask if there is anything I need to add to it or if it already has rotting wood and stuff like that in it

Last edited: