Top view

SueinTX

Arachnopeon
Thanks to all of you who helped me when I first got her. I kept saying I'd post pics, so I finally am.

Attachments

Last edited:

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'm not sure how much spiders like "repti bark" or whatever bark substrate that is, but my reccomendation would be about 3 inches of 60-70% potting soil, 30-40% peat moss. Make sure you pack it down a little bit and moisten it slightly. ALso dont buy anything with fertilizers, plant food, etc in the soil. This also helps keep in humidity better. You can also use a shallower, wider, water dish to keep humidity up if you are not already misting or covering part of the top of the cage or something.

My redknee sits by the water dish all the time unless the humidity is up around 40-50%.

Mark

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

really pretty T and picture! I cant wait untill my 1" smithi looks like your beauty!=D How big is she? Thanks,

James

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Good looking setup, and pretty T.
Whats that in the pink water dish?:rolleyes:

Ernie

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Here is my smithi, she is 9 years old adult female. How old is yours?

She looks alot like yours

Mark

P.S.: Sorry for the crappy picture quality, i had to reduce it to 10% of its original quality to get the file small enough to post.

Last edited:

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
WOW!

Originally posted by Bjorgly
Here is my smithi, she is 9 years old adult female. How old is yours?

She looks alot like yours

Mark

P.S.: Sorry for the crappy picture quality, i had to reduce it to 10% of its original quality to get the file small enough to post.
Man Mark! That is a beautiful Female! I love the colors! They are so stunning!! Wow! 9 years old! Awsome~! I really hope mine is as pretty and long lived as yours!

James