Top screen for 10 gallon tank

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi all..:)

I have a 10 gallon tank where I have my chaco, 7' female, and this top screen has the smallest holes in the net, though she got "stuck" the other night alongside the screen in the cieling so I had to help her loose. She was in discovery mood.

Anyone with any kind of suggestion of what kind of good top-screen to use?:)

Don't want this to happen again...

Kenny

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
I would look for a screen that has a galvenized coating so all the wires are made into one piece. Any that have a regular screen type mesh where there are 2 wires are overlapping each other are a major trap for the Ts claws and often result in them getting stuck and you finding them hanging from the top be one or two legs. The coated screen tops won't have these little overlapping wires as they've been coated over. I would also make the substrate in your tank deep enough to where the T can have feet on the substrate when they touch the screen top. This will allow them to possible free theirselves if they were to get a toe caught and also possibly prevent serious injury if it were to fall from the top

Kenny

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanx

Hi..

Thanx for the replay,,

I'll go for a plexiglass, special cut for the top and fix the vent in the best way that will make it harder for her to get stuck.

Kenny