Top 15 of temperature requirement...

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I scanned caresheets for temp requirement, and since they don't necessarely match, I choose to expose my problem to you.

I have 15 T's (3 more this WE), mostly juvenile, and I plan on dispatching them around my apart according to the temperature they need.

For example, the hottest spot (the water heater in my wardrobe, I spend 2 minutes in and sweat like hell) will become home to my heat lovers, and the coldest spot (my living room where we have this huge patio door, so chilly in January) will belong to my most cold enduring T's (i supposed my G rosea, but I am sure other opinions will arise, hence this post) and I will put them from hotter to colder spot according to what they need!

Here's my collection, so you could put them in order from the warmest to coldest, or just tell me where you think they should belong...

Avic. avic 2"
Avic. brauhauseni 4"
Avic. versicolor 1.5"
B. smithi .75"
Chromatopelma (GBB) 1.5"
Cyriopagopus Singapore Blue
Grammostola rosea 4.5"
Idiopidae (Red trapdoor) 1.5"
Lasiodora parahybana 6"
Poecilotheria ornata sling
Poecilotheria regalis 5.5"
Poecilotheria rufilata 5"
Psalmopeus irminia 4.5"
Pterinochilus murinus (2) 2" and 3"
Theraphosa blondi 4.5"
Xenesthis immanis sling

I also seek a Selenocosmia crassipes, but it might be something else.. I wait for your ideas

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I got an even simpler idea, keep them all in the same area. An area where it's about 75-80F. They'll all be fine around those temps. I personally don't worry about temps or humidity unless of course they are extremely cold or hot. Like 50 and below or 90 and up. When you breed is another time to worry about temperatures, like the cooling period and then warming them up.

Slash

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got an even simpler idea, keep them all in the same area. An area where it's about 75-80F. They'll all be fine around those temps. I personally don't worry about temps or humidity unless of course they are extremely cold or hot. Like 50 and below or 90 and up. When you breed is another time to worry about temperatures, like the cooling period and then warming them up.
Couldn't have said it better. :)

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Should I precise more..

My spaces are very small (especially the wardrobe) and I can only put a few of them in each spot, so the 3 for whitch heat is more crucial will get the watertank (28-32 C), 3 others on the shelf atop (a tad colder) 3 in my bedroom and so on until the living room. This is why I requested somekind of decreasing "spider heat chart" if someone feels to suggest me on the matter.

Later, I'll have a house and a bugroom equiped like a mad scientist's lair, but for now...:rolleyes:

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Honestly, the only t I bother worrying about temperature is my M.mesomelas which being a montane species likes things cool and its been repported that high temps are lethal to them.

The rest of my collection I just keep in my living room, which ranges from 65 to 80 throughout the year and this hasn't been a problem.

Consistent temperature is probably more critical than actual temperature as long as it is reasonable (in the 70's I'd say)

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
As said, there are only a few tarantulas I keep under special temps, including some pokies.

Unless you're breeding a rather picky species, don't worry about it.

-Sean

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
For this summer, I won't bother with temp. Even here in Montréal, we get some tropical temps in summer (sometimes well above 30 C)

It's more for the winter I want to inquire. And I'd like to se a chart by someone other than myself!!! I always assumed that T blondi would be on top and G rosea at the bottom....

Thanks for the tip: If I get a mesomelas, it will go in the living room!!!:)

Or, to make it shorter, which one of mine could withstand cold a little bit more?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What kind of inside cold are we talking about.
As mentioned already if you are comfortable in the house, no matter the time of year, then generally your Ts will be just fine.
T's can take snaps of cold between 50-60 sometimes lower for short periods of time. I cool bred females to 52-62, so they can take some cold just not for long periods. If your house was going to be 45 all winter then you would have to look into getting a secondary heat source. Or a better primary for that matter.

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It's a crappy aprt... my living room went as low as 15 C last winter and I know that some T's can whitstand it, others not. I seek on the net for a view on a thermometer and 50 F seems to equal 10C more or less. I've read accounts about a blondi dying under 15C/ 60F... but it may be an exepetion. I just wanted some sort of general heat requirement scale from more experienced keepers.

I will simply get some heat in my living room anyways...

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thats the safest bet. Just shoot for 71-75 thats a temp that all species will do just fine in during the winter.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Now I am not so sure on the location as of where each individual should be placed in your home, but hopefully this could give you an idea. Each species you have can be kept around 70-85 F and would be okay. But I'll ry and narrow it down a little better for you...

Avic. avic... 75-85 F
Avic. brauhauseni... 75-80 F
Avic. versicolor... 75-80 F
B. smithi... 75-85 F
Chromatopelma (GBB)... 70-85 F
Cyriopagopus Singapore Blue... 70-80 F
Grammostola rosea... 70-85 F
Idiopidae (Red trapdoor)... 70-75 F
Lasiodora parahybana... 75-85 F
Poecilotheria ornata... 75-80 F
Poecilotheria regalis... 75-80 F
Poecilotheria rufilata... 75-80 F
Psalmopeus irminia... 80-85 F
Pterinochilus murinus... 75-85 F
S. crassipes... 20-26 C
Theraphosa blondi... 75-85 F
Xenesthis immanis... 75-80 F

Hoped this help a little!

Austin

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Poecilotheria ornata... 75-80 F
Poecilotheria regalis... 75-80 F
Poecilotheria rufilata... 75-80 F
I have been told more then once that those temps are to high for pokies. 70-74, is ideal anything higher would suck the life out of them.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have been told more then once that those temps are to high for pokies. 70-74, is ideal anything higher would suck the life out of them.

Yeah that is what I was kind of thinking. I keep my regalis and formosa around 70-75 F. But everything I found on the internet supported the other theory. Nice heads up Talkenlate!