Took a road trip today...

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tell me about it. I've lived in Florida all my life, and I still can't stand this heat.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I cannot tolerate the heat at all. At least with below freezing temps you can layer clothing and grab a coat. But when it's too hot -- I feel physically ill/nauseus from the heat. And mugginess -- like there is no breath of fresh air to draw in.

awiec

Arachnoprince
Two sides to that coin, son. When it comes to heat, you northerners are pansies. A little honest sweat and you'd think you guys were melting. The whining I've heard!
I'll whine like a baby, I can't do heat at all and my sister has a condition where her brain forgets to tell her heart to pump blood up to her head at times which is worsened by hot weather. Though I've spent a fair amount out in the sun this year (and it has been pretty hot for Michigan) so I might do a bit better if I went to the South.

Also pyro the winters here aren't that bad, we get a buffer effect from the great lakes but -10 F to -15 F is not out of the question in the winter.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I'll whine like a baby, I can't do heat at all and my sister has a condition where her brain forgets to tell her heart to pump blood up to her head at times which is worsened by hot weather. Though I've spent a fair amount out in the sun this year (and it has been pretty hot for Michigan) so I might do a bit better if I went to the South.

Also pyro the winters here aren't that bad, we get a buffer effect from the great lakes but -10 F to -15 F is not out of the question in the winter.
Lol again ill pas if its cold enough i can see my breath id rather stay inside lol again 80 is my comfort zone lol.

Poec does have a point tho i myself may he a weenie when it comes to cold, but come down to one of our areas in the middle of summer.. Here it isnt uncommon that you can take a shower before work, drive 20 mins there with the windows down, and your hairs still wet for another hr or so into ur shift lol.. Where i liveyou either grow gills or move to arizona ;) lol iv taken pics in summer here where humidity was 98-100% and there isnt a cloud in sight lol(ones in the something random thread lol)

---------- Post added 08-24-2015 at 07:59 PM ----------

I cannot tolerate the heat at all. At least with below freezing temps you can layer clothing and grab a coat. But when it's too hot -- I feel physically ill/nauseus from the heat. And mugginess -- like there is no breath of fresh air to draw in.
Hey at least with heat stroke situations you can just sit down a minute or two and take a drink.. If its too cold and you dont have propper attire your just getting sicker.. No quick cure besides going inside for a hr or 2 and warming up

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Hey at least with heat stroke situations you can just sit down a minute or two and take a drink.. If its too cold and you dont have propper attire your just getting sicker.. No quick cure besides going inside for a hr or 2 and warming up
I actually got sick today from getting too hot/overheated. Every home visit (I'm a social worker) I made had no a/c -- and they had fans running - but fans directed at THEM not me. And by the time my car a/c had me cooled off... I was at next home. (sigh)
At 2 PM I called it a day and knocked off early. I felt fairly nauseated and dehydrated; came home, drank 2 waters per 1 part Gatorade, and then had to rest a couple hours. Too much heat makes me physically ill.

Re: getting sick in the cold. You mean frostbite or something? Usually viruses cause illness, yes?

I wanna poll! Heat vs Cold. ;)

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
I actually got sick today from getting too hot/overheated. Every home visit (I'm a social worker) I made had no a/c -- and they had fans running - but fans directed at THEM not me. And by the time my car a/c had me cooled off... I was at next home. (sigh)
At 2 PM I called it a day and knocked off early. I felt fairly nauseated and dehydrated; came home, drank 2 waters per 1 part Gatorade, and then had to rest a couple hours. Too much heat makes me physically ill.

Re: getting sick in the cold. You mean frostbite or something? Usually viruses cause illness, yes?

I wanna poll! Heat vs Cold. ;)
Well ofc frostbite, hypothermia etc etc xD

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
the winters here aren't that bad, we get a buffer effect from the great lakes but -10 F to -15 F is not out of the question in the winter.
"Not that bad, only -10F to-15F." Oh, that's all? That's mild, beach weather for Canadians.

As a former Michigander, I know what those bitter god-forsaken dreary winters are like. I bailed out over 30 years ago, and there were bumper stickers that said: "Will the last one leaving Michigan turn out the lights."

cold blood

Staff member
Two sides to that coin, son. When it comes to heat, you northerners are pansies. A little honest sweat and you'd think you guys were melting. The whining I've heard!
I'm one of the oddballs here...I freakin love it super hot...I just deal with the cold to the point it doesn't bother me or prevent me from doing too much.

awiec

Arachnoprince
"Not that bad, only -10F to-15F." Oh, that's all? That's mild, beach weather for Canadians.

As a former Michigander, I know what those bitter god-forsaken dreary winters are like. I bailed out over 30 years ago, and there were bumper stickers that said: "Will the last one leaving Michigan turn out the lights."
I mean I don't mind it at that temp as long as the sun is out, I can be toasty but not overheat, when it gets back to 32 I throw off my main jacket and just have a hoodie. I was also being somewhat optimistic, after that one year when it hit -30 F (my mother actually had to drive me to college cause my car refused to start) I don't ever complain about the cold.

I'm one of the oddballs here...I freakin love it super hot...I just deal with the cold to the point it doesn't bother me or prevent me from doing too much.
You would think I would like the hot weather because my body temp has always been 96-97 degrees and everyone I know says I always feel so cold while I think I'm pretty warm.

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Pyro, do you have a thyroid problem? Fat and cold all the time sounds like hypothyroidism. Usually fat people overheat with all the extra insulation.

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Pyro, do you have a thyroid problem? Fat and cold all the time sounds like hypothyroidism. Usually fat people overheat with all the extra insulation.
actually no i dont, i just came back negative for that.. im just lazy and dont eat well ;P lol iv always been "part reptile" even when i was younger and skinnier :p if the neighbors wasnt so loud id take my naps[or well my 8 winks sense im a night shifter] in my hammock out in yard in direct sun XD

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
Well, at least there isn't an underlying health issue I guess. Sorry you're cold all the time. I'm wrapped in a blanket right now, but I don't have a thyroid so I've got an excuse. Sorry to derail the thread =P

pyro fiend

Arachnoprince
Well, at least there isn't an underlying health issue I guess. Sorry you're cold all the time. I'm wrapped in a blanket right now, but I don't have a thyroid so I've got an excuse. Sorry to derail the thread =P
meh i manage im in a hoodie 90% the time.. i get funny looks from it but so worth it because ik everywhere has either ac on or isnt hot enough ^_^

rerail indeed.. who "penny on the tracks people, lets get it back on the rails"