Too rare to handle?

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'll also add one more time that the approach Fran takes (however represented here on the this board) is at the very least erring in favor of the animal, and this is never a bad thing.

My only problem is people getting too invested on whether or not other people handle, and their reasons for doing so.

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just when I thought this thread couldn't get any worst... I'm out.

jk it did make me lol a little though. {D
LOL

Typed with tongue firmly implanted it cheek, but I think you know that.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Raine you are a beginner at this, and i find it very strange that you are more interested in debating about handling than learning about the theraphosidae itself.

Raine

Arachnopeon
And I find it strange you and your 'non-handling' buddy Fran only look at the part of my posts where I put something minor in about my handling and ignore every other one I've made where it's VERY clear I'm asking questions and learning. So really the question is why you are trying to engage me in 'debates' when I'm clearly trying to end the subject. It's a no win situation. People handle or they don't. You guys need to learn to back off about the subject and get over it. Your argumentative attitudes, not even stopping when I clearly requested you to end it, are strange to me and frankly disrespectful. You come off as something very close to harassing, at the very least trying to instigate, when I ask you to stop and you don't. I would think you'd be more interested in looking at the questions in my posts and giving some advice so I can learn rather than just commenting on the fact I handle and why I should or shouldn't. I've learned a lot so far from OTHER users. But you and Fran have contributed nothing to this since you only want to obsess over that one thing.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
@Raine, if you don't want a debate, then stop debating. This thread alone, every 4 or 5 posts, you said you were going to stop arguing, then someone else said something, and the 'arguing' started again. Don't even ask them to stop, you just stop, then if they continue, you don't have to reply. It takes both parties to argue. BTW, this is a handling thread, if you don't like it, get out. When you mix your questions with your argument, people tend to only see your argument and thus argue. If you have questions, go start another thread of your own, and I will gladly try and help you and I'm sure many others will also. No need to hijack this thread anymore. ;)

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And I find it strange you and your 'non-handling' buddy Fran only look at the part of my posts where I put something minor in about my handling and ignore every other one I've made where it's VERY clear I'm asking questions and learning. So really the question is why you are trying to engage me in 'debates' when I'm clearly trying to end the subject. It's a no win situation. People handle or they don't. You guys need to learn to back off about the subject and get over it. Your argumentative attitudes, not even stopping when I clearly requested you to end it, are strange to me and frankly disrespectful. You come off as something very close to harassing, at the very least trying to instigate, when I ask you to stop and you don't. I would think you'd be more interested in looking at the questions in my posts and giving some advice so I can learn rather than just commenting on the fact I handle and why I should or shouldn't. I've learned a lot so far from OTHER users. But you and Fran have contributed nothing to this since you only want to obsess over that one thing.
Maybe you need to learn how to read.
Do whatever the hell you want with your tarantulas, I have told you that 3 times already.

I dont have anything to teach to whom doesnt want to learn.So go learn with someone else. Fine with me.
But sticking with only those who agree with your opinions is the dumbest way.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
JimM;

Althought I still think they do suffer from stress and stress would be detrimental for them, you might be very well right...They probably dont "feel" it the way complex mammals do, or dont feel it at all.
We dont have any actual facts but what you are saying at the very least makes sense.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
"But sticking with only those who agree with your opinions is the dumbest way":worship:

Well Jim next time your "T" is molting you can test how they react to stress and see what happens

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
"But sticking with only those who agree with your opinions is the dumbest way":worship:

Well Jim next time your "T" is molting you can test how they react to stress and see what happens
I don't know what that means, but I never said they were not susceptible to physical stress. In fact I went out of my way to point out that they can fall victim to this just like any other organism.

briarpatch10

Arachnosquire
good point

@Raine, if you don't want a debate, then stop debating. This thread alone, every 4 or 5 posts, you said you were going to stop arguing, then someone else said something, and the 'arguing' started again. Don't even ask them to stop, you just stop, then if they continue, you don't have to reply. It takes both parties to argue. BTW, this is a handling thread, if you don't like it, get out. When you mix your questions with your argument, people tend to only see your argument and thus argue. If you have questions, go start another thread of your own, and I will gladly try and help you and I'm sure many others will also. No need to hijack this thread anymore. ;)
That is a good point....