Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

TOO MUCH SPACE??

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Wildlife98, Jan 29, 2018.

1. beaker41

beaker41 Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    Well now I don’t feels so weird about finding several hundred small containers each with their own tiny sling oddly satisfying

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

I have used the smaller ones as sling enclosures. The only downside is that there is no gentle way to open them without disturbing the spider. (Trimming the rubber around the seal helps somewhat, since it doesn't need to be air-tight anyway.)

3. StampFan

StampFan Arachnolord Active Member

I have a pampho juvie in one of these right now, with properly placed airholes on top I just drop in food through one hold (which it devours), fill water dish through another hole, and done....no reason to open it.

4. Ungoliant

When I first placed my genic sling in the enclosure, he was at a size where I would be concerned about a potential escape if I made holes large enough for feeders to drop through.

I could fill the dish through one of the holes, but when he filled the dish with substrate (which he did often), I'd have to open the enclosure to clean the dish and refill it with water.

Overall, it is a very nice-looking container, and the plastic can be drilled. The lack of a gentle opening is my only complaint about it.

5. StampFan

StampFan Arachnolord Active Member

I'm hoping Rubbermaid comes up with a nice sized, slightly deeper one. The 4.7 Cup one is a nice size for sling/small juvies.

Their Pantry Brilliance line has some potential for aboreal enclosures.

6. Ungoliant

A deeper one would be great. I considered using my genic's former container for my Neoholothele incei sling. It had the right amount of floor space, but I wanted more depth (margin of error) for a fast, flighty species.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.