Too many springtails?

Ddannison

Arachnopeon
Is it possible to have too many springtails in an enclosure? A few months ago I seeded my C. albostriatum enclosure with some tropical springtails and they kind of blew up. I know they won't eat the t or anything but when I did a search I came across a post saying that they can stress roaches when their numbers grow. Has anyone found the same with Ts?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
When they plague spiderling enclosures and waterdishes I notice they have some effect. I believe they stress a little. Such a pain to get rid of once the numbers are up

Ddannison

Arachnopeon
When they plague spiderling enclosures and waterdishes I notice they have some effect. I believe they stress a little. Such a pain to get rid of once the numbers are up
So in your opinion this is mostly a concern for sub 4cm spiders?

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
They don't seem to be bothering my slings (at least noticeably anyhow) but I have the local variety which might be smaller than the tropical ones, I see them crawling around in my E. cyanognathus' burrow and s/he's just sat there seemingly unfazed by them, can't tell whether or not they bother my A. musculosa as it's skittish as hell anyway.

Ddannison

Arachnopeon
Thanks a lot guys. I feel better about it. It is satisfying to see how different critters can thrive together in captivity

creepa

Arachnoknight
If you realy have to much try to look for some predatory mites...

Here in the Netherlands we can buy dutchy's.
They are predatory mites we use if we have mites in our enclosures..., they allso will eat springtales and they will die out if there is no more food left.

Ddannison

Arachnopeon
If you realy have to much try to look for some predatory mites...

Here in the Netherlands we can buy dutchy's.
They are predatory mites we use if we have mites in our enclosures..., they allso will eat springtales and they will die out if there is no more food left.
Thanks, I'll have to look into them just in case.