Too many scorpions!

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Just got done separating another brood of baby scorpions that finally left mom. As of now I have 28, not including another brood that should be independent in about a week. Its mania, I tell you.

This all started from 4 scorpions. Oh feeding is gonna be a fun time, I'm sure of it...

How do you make time? XD

RTTB

Arachnoprince
If you have a good system and go about it in an organized way then it's no problem.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
If you're finding difficulty caring for them all, you can always give them away.

PM me for my mailing address;)

brolloks

Arachnobaron
I find that it is usually the smaller scorpions that need more attention.(And by small I mean Uroplectes i2 small ;)) I have got around 70-80 at the moment, and most are still tiny.
I try and feed the small ones every third day. The larger ones I try once a week but most don't eat for extended periods.
Watering tends to be a lot quicker with a spray against the enclosure or filling of a bottle cap.

Last edited:

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No it's not hard, I prob have around 250, all diff sizes and I could get by only going in that room once or twice a week and things would be OK. But I have a lot of imperators and Heterometrus that can be kept together, others like the mauretanicus, transvaalicus, ankarana, Hadogenes, have to keep those separate so takes a little more time and space. I haven't bought feeders in years, raise my own, going to buy feeders would cost time and $.

scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If you're finding difficulty caring for them all, you can always give them away.

PM me for my mailing address;)
Not too difficult. But certainly a new experience. I do have to spend more time with them, and because of that I get to observe them more without distraction. It's a good feeling.

brolloks

Arachnobaron
Not too difficult. But certainly a new experience. I do have to spend more time with them, and because of that I get to observe them more without distraction. It's a good feeling.
I always find that if I am feeding I want to spend time observing and then the whole feeding/observing tends to last a few hours ;)
It's all very rewarding in the end.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
If it becomes too difficult for one day you can also feed a few each day and set up a schedule of sorts. When I had a ton of widow slings that's what I ended up doing. Feed a couple dozen each day until I get through them all, take a day or so off, and start over again. You're well organized, so that'll make it easier to schedule feedings. Nowadays I just feed everyone at the same time, so it takes a couple hours usually to get it done (this includes all my roaches).

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It really all comes down to setting up a system that works for you. Once you have that it's easy to go through and make sure everyone gets fed and you can spend some time really checking in on all of them too. Some days I know I should just toss food in and move on, but a lot of the time I try to make sure that whatever species it is is eating and doing well. Sensitive or shy species you can feed first and then check in on them once you're done for the day.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
If you have a good system and go about it in an organized way then it's no problem.
This is true but even the most organized schedule can't accommodate a whole ton of babies at 1 time. I had 7 females have a total of almost 300 babies in 1 week and it was everything I could do to keep up with feeding , watering + rehousing all the little ones in a weeks time.
Since then I've figured out a better breeding schedule to make sure this didn't happen to me again :) but even with it's frustrations - I loved every second of it !
Congrats and best of luck to the OP with all the new babies !

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Yeah I can imagine with those numbers it can be quite time consuming and hectic. That's a lot of mouths to feed.