Too many babies?

final-sting

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
here on Insect-boerse (Olten/CH) its forbid bring hybrids to the Insect-boerse! Thats correct.

But i think we scorp/spider holders mostly are sensible for the topic hybrids. When i look for example to the Snakes market, search/google for "albino or hybride snakes" you will find so many :rolleyes: :embarrassed: often made by usa.

---------
But i ask me, what does the nature?
For example : Hadrurus , when a male h. spadix will find a adult female H. arizonesis, i dont think he know the legislation of breeding ehtic.
Sure mother nature makes no foul, so what color are the spadix/arizonesis off-spring? dark same spadix, or mix or spadix&arizonesis=H. pallidus :D

JLDomestics

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
here on Insect-boerse (Olten/CH) its forbid bring hybrids to the Insect-boerse! Thats correct.

But i think we scorp/spider holders mostly are sensible for the topic hybrids. When i look for example to the Snakes market, search/google for "albino or hybride snakes" you will find so many :rolleyes: :embarrassed: often made by usa.

---------
But i ask me, what does the nature?
For example : Hadrurus , when a male h. spadix will find a adult female H. arizonesis, i dont think he know the legislation of breeding ehtic.
Sure mother nature makes no foul, so what color are the spadix/arizonesis off-spring? dark same spadix, or mix or spadix&arizonesis=H. pallidus :D
I had problems following that, but if your blaming the states for something your probably right. It seems every problem these days whether it political or social is a result of the US of A.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had problems following that, but if your blaming the states for something your probably right. It seems every problem these days whether it political or social is a result of the US of A.
Cool thanks, you're political views towards the US are really relevant in a scorpion forum :clap:

I can name one problem that doesn't come out of the US of A: Your worthless posting.

I dont really care if you hate or love america, or any country for that matter, but why would you drag this crap into a discussion about scorpions? :rolleyes:

edit: stereotyping people based on nationality is rather foolish. I have friends from around the world, and have travelled extensively. Every location has its positives, and its negatives. Judging an entire nation of people based on the actions of its government (which seems to be what your hinting at im not really sure), is extremely ignorant. Not everyone from the US is a war loving redneck, not everyone from canada is a potloving hokey fan, not every person from the middle east is a terrorist. If you havent realized this by now then I pity you.

Last edited:

looper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cool thanks, you're political views towards the US are really relevant in a scorpion forum :clap:

I can name one problem that doesn't come out of the US of A: Your worthless posting.

I dont really care if you hate or love america, or any country for that matter, but why would you drag this crap into a discussion about scorpions? :rolleyes:

edit: stereotyping people based on nationality is rather foolish. I have friends from around the world, and have travelled extensively. Every location has its positives, and its negatives. Judging an entire nation of people based on the actions of its government (which seems to be what your hinting at im not really sure), is extremely ignorant. Not everyone from the US is a war loving redneck, not everyone from canada is a potloving hokey fan, not every person from the middle east is a terrorist. If you havent realized this by now then I pity you.
well said tabor

wonderwes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
petdepot

pet depot man i breed insects and fish for pet depot.theyll buy them i am sure of it. i kinda acceidently got cought up breeding stuff for them.but its enjoyable

wonderwes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
support

these guys may not support your idea of crossbreeding. but i do . i am in school for genetic engineering and i agree why not try as long as this hybrid species stays in terrariums and is never released into the wild. but of course stuff like this happens all the time in the wild i no of many species that do cross breed.. i am not here to nag on anyone i just think that controversial ideas are the ideas that make the future

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
these guys may not support your idea of crossbreeding. but i do . i am in school for genetic engineering and i agree why not try as long as this hybrid species stays in terrariums and is never released into the wild. but of course stuff like this happens all the time in the wild i no of many species that do cross breed.. i am not here to nag on anyone i just think that controversial ideas are the ideas that make the future
Scorpions have plenty to offer science and medicine as they are, with no need for crossbreeding. Their venom is just now beginning to be employed in modern medicine. If i recall correcly one component of L. quinquestriatus venom is actually already in use treating this super rare and devastating form of brain cancer.

I'm just curious as to what advances in science you think are going to come from crossbreeding arachnids. The science behind hybridization is already well understood.

Even if there were gains to be made, they will not be made by under-educated and under-prepared persons such as the original poster, they will be made in a lab at Harvard or some research center.

Also, I'm opposed to crossbreeding IN THE HOBBY. If there was some benefit that could be gained from it then by all means allow well trained biologists, operating under controlled conditions, to crossbreed all they want. Also realize that the general public would NOT consider the idea of crossbreeding scorpions "controversial". If you want something controversial, try stem cells. But again that is an entirely different can of worms, not something that should be debated here.

All i'm saying is that as a general rule people in the hobby should not be crossbreeding species, especially when said person can barely grasp the basics of caring for an emperor scorpion. :)

wonderwes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
acctulaly

i am not trying to get in a fight i just have this to say first off there are tons of uses for scorpion venom .but what if the cure for cancer was in a certain venom that came from these scorpions cross breeding.i am not saying it is infact it most certainly wont be.i just support the fact of trying to devlope better more intresting scropions for strictly the pet industry why would in one be against trying to breed up some thing that fit ure wants.not for medical reasons but just for pure human enjoyment. god made us the masters of all things on earth why cant we simply manipulate what we want to better. like i said i am not trying to fight with u . i have just heard that lots of people in this buissness are extreemly against cross breeding and i would like to know why

wonderwes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok i agree with u on most of that about having to no how to take care of a speices ,,but i wouldnt sell anyone short of their abiltys

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, what a bizzare debate. First of all, what the heck, designing a "better" scorpion? 400 million years of natural selection isn't good enough for you? Then you drag the idea of creationism into this argument. Are you trying to make this as convoluted as possible? :? I'm not even going bother debating this at an in depth level with you online, but I will do you the favor of spelling out why most people are against crossbreeding (or at least why I am):

The possibility of "polluting" otherwise pure captive bloodlines due to interbreeding with one of these hybrids. That's all really. If you can't see why this would bother people devoted to preserving rare scorpions (some of which are disappearing rapidly in the wild) in captivity, then I don't know what to tell you.

Also your spelling is atrocious :)

I wish you all well in your interbreeding attempts! Go forth young man, create monster scorpions that will rule the world and cure cancer with their l33t hax.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I wish you all well in your interbreeding attempts! Go forth young man, create monster scorpions that will rule the world and cure cancer with their l33t hax.

That would be I337 h4x Tabor.... and yes it hurt to type it like that

JLDomestics

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah I don't feel like going into this anymore. Im done. But I did go through and re read everything and I fail to see where creatonism was brought in by anyone.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i have just heard that lots of people in this buissness are extreemly against cross breeding and i would like to know why
It's really a simple answer. You end up with a hybrid, that ends up capable of reproducing, and fail to let anyone know that it is one or sell it to someone who doesn't inform the next buyer and you have just ruined a breeding project.

I know i'd be extremely ticked off if my emp breeding program got polluted by a hybrid...

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I fail to see where creatonism was brought in by anyone.
god made us the masters of all things on earth why cant we simply manipulate what we want to better.
There it is.

But yes it's a pointless argument, and I guess there is little you can do to stop someone from trying it if thats what they're determined to do. Luckily crossbreeding is likely quite difficult if not impossible.

wonderwes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you dont have to talk down to me as if your a better person.you seem to be trying to make this a personal issue when it just a scientific debate, but you know i dont have to lower myself to your level,becouse i relize in your mind i could never meet your intelegence level.so what ever go on with ure beliefs

sycjoco

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't trip. This guy tabor is just on a Ego trip and figures his arguements sound better while he clowns on your spelling and grammar. Honestly who gives a <EDIT> about the spelling? You can perfectly comprehend the idea being laid across, but have a need to support your arguement with irrelevent statements... So what if English wasn't my primary language? All the <EDIT> better for me. So in conclusion. <EDIT>

Last edited by a moderator:

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Don't trip. This guy tabor is just on a Ego trip and figures his arguements sound better while he clowns on your spelling and grammar. Honestly who gives a <EDIT> about the spelling? You can perfectly comprehend the idea being laid across, but have a need to support your arguement with irrelevent statements... So what if English wasn't my primary language? All the <EDIT> better for me. So in conclusion. <EDIT>
quoting for my own enjoyment {D

My arguments don't sound better because im "clowning" you, they sound better because they're actually vaild arguments. not just, "im a human we can design da super scorp" ramblings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rosenkreuz

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm someone who goes with the flow, and gives everyone a chance to say their piece.

Now, I think I'm saying a piece for everyone.* Please leave. Don't come back. Take your scorpion back to where you got it.

Please.

*Based alot on the 'feeling' I'm getting from this thread, and others you've posted in. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Can we get a thread closure on this? I think we've beaten a horse deader than dead so far. No more progress is going to be made by leaving this open.

wonderwes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i am sayin

heres all i am saying about cross breeding, first off the idea with this species will never work, why becouse red claws can become aggressive during mateing ,especialy if they do not find the other suitable for breeding then they will some times fight to the death.secound most scorpions have either become endangerd or close to it becouse of this industry, so i am just saying what if you could create a better more interesting speices ,thats was easier to take care of etc etc, then may be begginers would not be so apt to by emperor scorpions, that way pet stores never sell them.a more popular pet that give the true scorpion a better chance becouse its not being captured. thats my argument.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
:wall: Well on to the next completely ignorrant guy who wants to try to do something complately stupid and who has no backing for his reasoning.:clap: I was following this thread but never piped in not only because I to am a noob at scorpions but because I would rather watch this play out.:)