Too late for male breeder?

Uglykid2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a mature male B. emilia whose last molt was 8/20/05. He produced a sperm web a few months later. He's still very active, moving all about his cage every day. Is it too late for him to be of any use as a breeder? Thanks!

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a mature male B. emilia whose last molt was 8/20/05. He produced a sperm web a few months later. He's still very active, moving all about his cage every day. Is it too late for him to be of any use as a breeder? Thanks!
if he is still moving around and eating/drinking etc. then its definately work a shot.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
His palps should be fully charged if you saw him make a sperm web. I would set him up with a female and see what transpires.

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello!

He's definately can be used as for breeding (4-6 months is for Brachys in general) but You should should expect no rezult from the mating...
unfortunately this time is out of the Brachy's breeding season :(

Jonathan Rice

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've been wondering this about my gf's MM A. seemanni. We bred it with my Female and she laid a sac. It's been oh... 4-5-6 months since he last molted. He's still quite active-always trying to escape! I thought about loaning him out, w/ her permission of course..

Would he still be viable? Hmmm...

M.F.Bagaturov

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hello!

Possibly yes, but I'm not sure in the case of Aphonopelma spp. The same case with Grammostola spp. I would say "yes".
n fact I'm not very familiar eit the Aphonos.