Too ill for tarantula maintenance

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
So, I’ve been basically bed bound with the flu for three days now and have pretty much only been going to the kitchen and bathroom briefly. This, on top of me already having EDS has made me pretty useless.

All of my adults are good for a while but it’s about time to feed and water some slings and juveniles. I asked my bf if he’d help but he said they’re “too fast” and is afraid they’ll get out when he opens the condiment cups. He also just refuses to crush cricket heads. Lol

How long will they be all right for if I can’t get around to feeding for a couple or a few more days? It’s been around a week since the ones who need to eat have been fed and a couple of days since they’ve all been watered.

vancwa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would think they would be OK for another several days. In the wild the same amount of time could go by without rain or prey wandering by or finding something to scavenge on. Can you call on a friend? I would help you if I lived close by.

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
I would think they would be OK for another several days. In the wild the same amount of time could go by without rain or prey wandering by or finding something to scavenge on. Can you call on a friend? I would help you if I lived close by.
Makes sense! Unfortunately, I don’t think anyone would be down to help. Maybe my mom but she’s very busy.

Do you live in south FL? ;)

Theneil

Arachnoprince
I would be concerned about hydration, bot food. Condiment cups don’t hold much substrate so they can dry out rather quickly and a week is about the most i am comfortable going without at least checking that sub is still moist.

That said, Florida is probably much kore humid and less likely to dry things out than my home. So perhaps you will be fine for much longer.

bulbophyllum

Arachnosquire
I wouldn't worry about them. Get well soon. Maybe keep a syringe handy to water through the vent holes when this sort of thing happens.

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
I wouldn't worry about them. Get well soon. Maybe keep a syringe handy to water through the vent holes when this sort of thing happens.
I do this all the time! Makes watering easy. I do use syringes with removable needles too. That way you don't accidentally jab your P saz when it attacks the water lol :) I can water my collection in about 5 minutes this way.

@Asgiliath hope you feel better soon! And can get back to spooding!

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Thanks for the feedback and well wishes.

I’ll check their moisture if nothing else today.