too big?

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi, I use to have my baby Ts in deli cups but since you guys are posting a lot of great environment, today I get a new one for my 2 A. Avicularia (it have a division, the pinktoes are not together) . I want to know if is maybe too big. Mi spiders are less than a inch and the container I get is the ones that the petstore sell for beta fish. They seems to like it. Something else, I leave the plastic plant that come with the container

Here is a picture (remember it have a division, is half for each T). Thanks, Ines

Last edited:

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
That enclosure seems too big for a spider that small. I would think that your spider would have too much trouble finding food in that big of a space.

I could be wrong.

Jon

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks fine to me. As long as the spider can't escape through any ventilation holes I would keep it set up like that. Those little guys are quick and I don't think finding food will be a problem. They have all the space in the world in the wild and they seem to manage just fine. The only problem you might have is that there is a lot more space for them to hide from you.

-Jill

rosehaired1979

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Pretty neat Idea! :) might try that when I get my A.Versicolor 1/2' and my baby brazillian pink salmon. :)

SpiderTwin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't think the continer is too big. When you feed them, maybe put in two crickets so the T will have an easier time finding them. The crickets will end up climbing up on the bark anyway, the sling won't have any trouble finding them. If the slings are kept warm and fed well, they will grow fast and grow into the container.

Nice looking set-up.

ines68

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Re: Re: too big?

Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
A. Avicularia?

Jon
Sorry... Was to late in the nigth :) Thanks

Thanks to all, They cant scape... it come with no holes (I open some with a nail)

About the food, I always make sure they catch the food and eat it (Im always worried what if I leave the food and they molt?)

The pinktoes sleep last night in the new container and looks like they love it, Im going to leave them there and see how is going.

Thanks again

Ines

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like a nice set-up to me. I don't think the room is needed, but I don't think it would hurt anything either. As long as it gives them enough room to stretch their legs and move around a bit without being so big that they can't find their food, then the enclosure is fine, IMO. Anything beyond that is more for the keeper than the pet. I love a lot of the naturalistic environments people create. It shows a real artistic talent that I do not have, nor do I have the time to create/manage such enclosures. I admire those of you who do though.

Botar