Too all Ceratogyrus spp. owners

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Today, I've experienced something completely new, something I thought only arboreals can do. I really wish I got it on camera.

Both my C. bechuanicus 8cm female and C.brachycephalus 5.5 cm juvie jumped, actually leaped onto another object about 10" away. They jumped like Heteroscodra maculata and Avicularia spp. did. Am I the only one that didn't know this, or is this new to other people as well?

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nope not just you. I have had a few leap like that, always warrents a neckbreaking double take {D

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have had a leap from several species, it really shocked me the first time I saw it. It was when I offered prey though.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have had a leap from several species, it really shocked me the first time I saw it. It was when I offered prey though.
Ah yeah, but this was random, an escape thing. They were just sitting on my arm and wham! If you've seen Cedriks video of his H.maculata hopping from hand to hand, thats what it was like.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
thats nothing i can produce a large contigent of people who will swear in court of law that A. hentzi can jump from the ground all the way to the top of your head and thats for a 6' person lol

ronin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the heads up. I just purchased a female C. darlingi that I'm rehousing soon so we'll see what happens.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
thats nothing i can produce a large contigent of people who will swear in court of law that A. hentzi can jump from the ground all the way to the top of your head and thats for a 6' person lol
:? uhhm what??haha
your trying to say a hentzi can jump 6 feet into the air and onto someones head haha!!{D

james41777

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hm.. that's very nice i haven't seen my 5" c.bechuanicus leap yet.. lol
thx for letting us know!