Tons of new pics!

nissan480

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Is that what this forum is all about for you?Somewhere to post your BS and argue.Seems like you want it.How about we post facts about you?Your pede's keep dying,over and over.And even though advice is given,you just ingore it.

Me,my pede's arent dying on monthly bassis...Which is the hole point of my posts.You may have a nice camera,but your pede's are dying.We'll see if you got it figured out.I hope you do.

One more time,YOUR PEDE'S ARE DYING.....Maybe a reason to try something else?How about gerbal's.

Last edited:

victor

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
the type of gecko is called a mediterranean house gecko they are every where here in the suburbs of arizona. infact my litte sister has one as a pet right now.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
the type of gecko is called a mediterranean house gecko they are every where here in the suburbs of arizona. infact my litte sister has one as a pet right now.
I'm on the other side of the globe. It's definitely not the species you're talking about. Nevertheless, thanks. At least you don't aggravate people like nissan does.

Is that what this forum is all about for you?Somewhere to post your BS and argue.Seems like you want it.How about we post facts about you?Your pede's keep dying,over and over.And even though advice is given,you just ingore it.

Me,my pede's arent dying on monthly bassis...Which is the hole point of my posts.You may have a nice camera,but your pede's are dying.We'll see if you got it figured out.I hope you do.

One more time,YOUR PEDE'S ARE DYING.....Maybe a reason to try something else?How about gerbal's.
You have every right to give me your so-called advice, but at the same time I have every right to ignore that advice. That's it. Please don't post on my threads anymore because I am not going to listen to you. However, if someone else comes along and gives me the same advice as you did but with a more polite tone, I'll take that advice. I've no problem with taking advice. It's just up to how people give it. Meanwhile I've got a piece of advice for you as well: brush up on your people skills.

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
So what you been telling us is that you will keep killing the pedes because people dont advise you politely? :eek:

in every thread you make, people say the same 2 stuff.

1)Change substrate
2)Change food

if you want to test other stuff for your pedes, that is absolutely fine, some may work , some dont, but if you havent seen any success so far in the way you keep things , you should reconsider.
Most people *i think* are aggressive cuz they dont like to see pedes die, not because they dont like you personally.

just my 2 cents

nissan480

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I will give advice when I feel it can help.Or,when someone more knowledgeable hasnt done so already.Normally advice is taken with a thanks.You are the first Ive seen that hasnt.

Ive got 150 posts in 2+years,so Im more of a listen and learn type of guy.

And anotherthing.A pede will eat when its hungry.Roach,worm,cricket.That's one fact of nature,regardless of specie.If its refusing a roach,its not 100% hungry,or ready to eat.

Last edited:

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So what you been telling us is that you will keep killing the pedes because people dont advise you politely?
Wow, this is getting heated. Re-read the quote above. You're making a statement about me. You're "accusing" me of killing my pet centipedes through my poor choice of substrate. Nevertheless, you can't just accuse people without backing up your claims. Therefore, what evidence do you have to prove that my choice of bark as a substrate is the cause of my centipedes' deaths?

You're saying that I'm killing my pedes. Those are YOUR words. So prove it.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I will give advice when I feel it can help.Or,when someone more knowledgeable hasnt done so already.Normally advice is taken with a thanks.You are the first Ive seen that hasnt.
Clearly, you expect everyone to respond to you in the same way. Sorry, I enjoy being different.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Clearly, you expect everyone to respond to you in the same way. Sorry, I enjoy being different.
(QUOTE=Phark, Thirdly, you have so many grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors in your text that I find it horribly difficult to read, especially since you're an American and I'm a Singaporean - we Singaporeans are usually known for our extremely poor command of the English language. I feel for you.)

people are people, all over the world there are ignorant ones and intelligent ones in the same ethnic group or country, please loose the generalizations:)

SAn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, this is getting heated. Re-read the quote above. You're making a statement about me. You're "accusing" me of killing my pet centipedes through my poor choice of substrate. Nevertheless, you can't just accuse people without backing up your claims. Therefore, what evidence do you have to prove that my choice of bark as a substrate is the cause of my centipedes' deaths?

You're saying that I'm killing my pedes. Those are YOUR words. So prove it.
I cant prove a fact can i?

3 pedes were alive when they were at the pet shop, 3 pedes died while in your care. Thats a fact.
And i didnt say it was the substrate alone, could have been the food aswell. That includes frogs, geckos, or infected crickets you fed to them.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
heros are 15-20 cm

polymorphas are all about 10 cm +

so i would expect heros to eat more since poly's have reached pretty much a max size
Yeah thats kinda weird.. my heros is about 7 inches trunk length, polys are around 4 inches. All pedes are different though.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

Ive got 150 posts in 2+years,so Im more of a listen and learn type of guy.

And anotherthing.A pede will eat when its hungry.Roach,worm,cricket.That's one fact of nature,regardless of specie.If its refusing a roach,its not 100% hungry,or ready to eat.
Ive tryed telling him this but he dont listen. No Offense Phark but you have to just ignore how the advice is given, and learn from what they have told you. Nissan knows what hes talking about and is more knowledgable than me. BTW nissan I love your collection, malaysian jewels are stunning. But even if the tone isnt what you expected try to take it in a positive way and people wont argue with you.. but it seems you like to argue so I wont tell you what to do.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I must say, I am really skeptical about this whole frog and centipede farming thing. My personal hunch is that the farms are little more than private property where someone collects captive bred animals(my butt! if you get the idea). Or, it is a holding facility for WC. Frogs aren't exactly economical to farm for feeders.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I cant prove a fact can i?

3 pedes were alive when they were at the pet shop, 3 pedes died while in your care. Thats a fact.
And i didnt say it was the substrate alone, could have been the food aswell. That includes frogs, geckos, or infected crickets you fed to them.
It's a fact that a few pedes died in my care - correct. Now you're saying it could be the food. The keyword here is "could". Can you prove that it was either the substrate and/or the food which killed my pedes? If you cannot do that, then you have no right to say I'm killing my pedes, because the word "kill" is a verb. A verb is an action. In essence you're accusing me of killing my pedes (intentionally or otherwise) with either substrate or food or both - when you have nothing to back up your mouth.

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
again

i will say once again nice pics(poor substrate and feed,evident in the amount of deaths you have posted)
but nice pics.
still sounds like you are here just to argue.
but i am not arguing at all,just pointing out nice pics.
and still wishing i had some of those red legs
andy

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I must say, I am really skeptical about this whole frog and centipede farming thing. My personal hunch is that the farms are little more than private property where someone collects captive bred animals(my butt! if you get the idea). Or, it is a holding facility for WC. Frogs aren't exactly economical to farm for feeders.
No, there are companies that farm centipedes to sell to fish stores (mainly Sc. subspinipes mutilans). If you do a simple Google search you will find that a couple of them even have websites of their own.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i will say once again nice pics(poor substrate and feed,evident in the amount of deaths you have posted)
but nice pics.
still sounds like you are here just to argue.
but i am not arguing at all,just pointing out nice pics.
and still wishing i had some of those red legs
andy
I don't pick fights (arguments in this case) with people unless/until they start it. I don't go around looking for trouble, honestly. But since particular people here wanted a debate, I decided to grant them their wishes. And YET I'm getting the blame for being argumentative, when all I'm doing is to protect my interests?

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Instead of trying to keep the arguement going you could simply go buy new substrate.. maybe buy some feeder roaches off of this site( they are cheap for alot of them) and your problem will probably stop. Its not normal for all your pedes to just keep dieing, its just proving my point from a previous thread more and more. If your so confident that the substrate and food didnt kill them then please tell us what you think did the damage.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ive tryed telling him this but he dont listen. No Offense Phark but you have to just ignore how the advice is given, and learn from what they have told you. Nissan knows what hes talking about and is more knowledgable than me. BTW nissan I love your collection, malaysian jewels are stunning. But even if the tone isnt what you expected try to take it in a positive way and people wont argue with you.. but it seems you like to argue so I wont tell you what to do.
You've been awesome on this thread, CJM. Thank you.

You guys have to understand that I'm simply a reciprocal person. If I get a friendly reply, like CJM has on this thread, I do the same in return. If I get a bossy, "hostile", condescending reply, I return the favour.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Im not looking to argue only to help you learn and from mistakes alot of us have made in the past. These guys speak from experience too so dont feel like your the only one. Ive had people call me ignorant for simply asking for a few tips on my orange huntsman so it could be worse :eek:

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Instead of trying to keep the arguement going you could simply go buy new substrate.. maybe buy some feeder roaches off of this site( they are cheap for alot of them) and your problem will probably stop. Its not normal for all your pedes to just keep dieing, its just proving my point from a previous thread more and more. If your so confident that the substrate and food didnt kill them then please tell us what you think did the damage.
I'm confident it's NOT the substrate, but I'm confident it's the geckos and possibly, the crickets. I'm sure the frogs are alright as feeders though. But hey, on THIS thread, yes, I did report a death, but I did not ask for opinions on WHY/HOW it died. What I did ask, was, "My pedes aren't eating much; should I worry?". And you answered me (tactfully :)).