Tons of new pics!

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm hoping CJM doesn't appear here.

Sorry if the pics are a little blurred in some areas; I was trying to get the focus on the awesome yellow legs. And yeah the YellowLeg in the first few pics had his/her fangs clipped pretty bad but he/she's doing great. In the last pic you can see communal feeding (the poor gecko being the food).

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Alright I think we need another thread on the substrate! Just kidding, great pics once again, I have given some serious thought as to getting this sp. because of seeing how beautiful your pedes are. Keep them comin!

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
ha ha , beware of the lurking cjm;P

cool pics can you get a wide angle?

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hey

great pics,sux about the fang clipping.
should they be seperated though?i always heard that they would interbreed.
and as gorgeous as the redlegs are i would hate to see some halfbred "orange legged" babies.
man i wish i could get the red legs in the states
andy

ragnew

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice pedes Phark, very nice indeed! They look happy to me. Keep us posted.

cjm1991

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Alright, a few suggestions... lol. Im just kidding. Sweet pics sucks for the poor pede with the clipped fangs but still looks good none the less.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Alright I think we need another thread on the substrate! Just kidding, great pics once again, I have given some serious thought as to getting this sp. because of seeing how beautiful your pedes are. Keep them comin!
Hey you shouldn't just be thinking about it; you should be doing it! These guys are pretty much the perfect centipede. At midnight yesterday I was handling the 2 yellows and I realised how docile they are. And yeah I do have handling pics in my memory stick... :D

cool pics can you get a wide angle?
Thanks. But uh what do you mean by wide angle? (Sorry if that sounds stupid but I'm no photographer)

great pics,sux about the fang clipping.
should they be seperated though?i always heard that they would interbreed.
and as gorgeous as the redlegs are i would hate to see some halfbred "orange legged" babies.
man i wish i could get the red legs in the states
andy
If they breed it wouldn't be considered interbreeding because they're basically 2 colour morphs of the same subspecies. Isn't the yellow leg morph available over there?

And thanks everyone else, including CJM, for the compliments!

Last edited:

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I mean can we see the entire group, just alittle further back, no big deal just thoght it would make a cool pic:)

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Horrible news. 5 minutes ago I found the largest of the 4 dead (a Red). He/she has something sticking out of the butt. I read somewhere that it's a normal phenomenon with dead pedes? I've got a couple of pics. I've just realised something - every invertebrate of mine that eats a gecko will die soon afterward. My mantis, my last centipede (the one in the thread "Eaten Alive") both died soon after eating geckos. And this latest casualty ate a gecko 2 nights ago! Now I'm so pissed with myself!!!! This was my favourite pede because of his/her size, colour and appetite!!!!!!!!!!! AND I KILLED IT. This really really sucks. I've got to get a replacement and to stop giving geckos to my pedes!

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Horrible news. 5 minutes ago I found the largest of the 4 dead (a Red). He/she has something sticking out of the butt. I read somewhere that it's a normal phenomenon with dead pedes? I've got a couple of pics. I've just realised something - every invertebrate of mine that eats a gecko will die soon afterward. My mantis, my last centipede (the one in the thread "Eaten Alive") both died soon after eating geckos. And this latest casualty ate a gecko 2 nights ago! Now I'm so pissed with myself!!!! This was my favourite pede because of his/her size, colour and appetite!!!!!!!!!!! AND I KILLED IT. This really really sucks. I've got to get a replacement and to stop giving geckos to my pedes!
Crap, sorry

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yeah. Sucks big time. It's strange how attached we can get to pets after having them for mere days eh. He/she was an awesome animal. AND I KILLED IT!!!!

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :(

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
what kind of geckos and could they eat them in the wild, is there evidence that critters stay away from these geckos.

use this as research to help the hobby:(

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
what kind of geckos and could they eat them in the wild, is there evidence that critters stay away from these geckos.

use this as research to help the hobby:(
They were the common house geckos. No idea what species though.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think you are looking at the wrong part of husbandry to be honest.

If the gecko killed the biggest pede, why are the others still kicking?

If it was defanged, maybe stress from capture etc.

Also, I second bluefrogtats thoughts on keeping the coloforms seperate...unless they occur and breed together in the wild. You will have an easier time selling the babies.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Only the yellows were out and about last night, so I fed them (actually only the larger one ate) and handled them and took pics of course. The one that ate took 3 frogs in 1 sitting! The frogs were tiny though. And he (I'll refer to all my pedes as "he" from now - nothing sexist) pooed on my arm lol!

Last edited:

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think you are looking at the wrong part of husbandry to be honest.

If the gecko killed the biggest pede, why are the others still kicking?

If it was defanged, maybe stress from capture etc.

Also, I second bluefrogtats thoughts on keeping the coloforms seperate...unless they occur and breed together in the wild. You will have an easier time selling the babies.
Look - the one that died was the only one that ate a gecko. The other 3 didn't touch anything other than frogs.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is anyone able to explain how come a gecko would kill a pede...but a frog wouldn't? They aren't toxic or anything to the best of my knowledge and people sell anoles/geckos as feeders all the time.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Is anyone able to explain how come a gecko would kill a pede...but a frog wouldn't? They aren't toxic or anything to the best of my knowledge and people sell anoles/geckos as feeders all the time.
Are you trying to be a second CJM? Even he has stopped annoying me (thanks). Why are you trying to start another argument? It's just MY inference, based on past experiences with my pet inverts eating house geckos. This is all I have to say. If you are here simply to argue against me please leave. This is a picture thread.

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
okay

yes the yellow legs are available here(i have a few)but don't see the reds often.
i got some photos sent to me from somone over there that claimed there were actually 3 color morphs,red,yellow,and orange.
(i would say the orange were an intergrade.)
whats wrong with just feeding crickets or another invert if it is questionable as to what killed them?
and why start arguing right away.from the last few threads i have read it seems you may be the one looking for an argument.calm down
people can question anything?
if it was just a photo thread then why the captions?
they look great but once again if you were looking to breed them i would definitely seperate the color forms
andy