tong recommenmdations for feeding

mschemmy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does anyone have a recommendations for good tongs for feeding? I am looking for maximum length and easy to hold prey when feeding.

mschemmy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I didn't even think to check amazon. Those look perfect! Thanks!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Amazon/eBay, I use 10" straight and curved tongs for my larger Ts and some 4" straight ones for feeding slings (just because they make it easier to pick up pinhead roaches without completely obliterating them)

jbooth

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
If you want soft tips to protect fangs, I'd recommend ones with rubber-dipped tips, not bamboo ones.. the bamboo ones I tried were not easy to grab things with, the tips were too fat because it's weak, and they broke quite fast, think I stepped on them or something.

IntermittentSygnal

Arachnotic
Arachnosupporter +
I have bamboo ones that are fairly strong, but I sanded down the "grabbers" to be thinner, as I found them way too bulky, too.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
None. Tong feeding is an unnecessary risk to the Tarantula.
This^

Tongs are best for dropping the food item into the enclosure. They don't need to be tong-fed, they are perfectly capable of hunting on their own. Besides, you'd be robbing yourself of the natural behaviors. Observing a tarantula stalking a cricket is great entertainment... at least for me :)