Toilet

Nature81

Arachnopeon
OK. So my PZB keeps pooping in her water bowl lol. I give her fresh water and then she goes and poops in it like its her own little toilet lol. Is she trying to tell me something or does she just like going in it?? {D

Thanks

Zoe
xx

Suidakkra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Enjoy, she is going to keep doing it, lol. I guess its not as bad as my B.vagans using its water bowl as a rolly toy, :D

Plus my A.metallica likes placing her bolus, as well as doing her business in her water bowl.

webbedone

Arachnobaron
Tarantulas cant tell or cant distinguish i should say clear water from unpolluted water and tend to be water phobes in general this is where tarantula becomes a hypocrate by drinking from the same source so its only natural to find the water bowl pooped on, with dirt mounded over it or covered in discarded food bouluses. Enjoy repeatedly cleaning water bowls for the rest of the spiders life!:barf:

Bengal21

Arachnopeon
I prefer this behavior. It's a pain in the ________, until you realize you don't have to clean the rest of the cage. One of my monitor lizards is the same. I was annoyed until I compared the time it takes to clean the water dish poo'er, compared to the one that just goes anywhere. For the most part, change the water dish = cage is clean. Easy and simple.

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I prefer this behavior. It's a pain in the ________, until you realize you don't have to clean the rest of the cage. One of my monitor lizards is the same. I was annoyed until I compared the time it takes to clean the water dish poo'er, compared to the one that just goes anywhere. For the most part, change the water dish = cage is clean. Easy and simple.
My bearded dragon did the same thing. Once I realized it was doing me a favor, I was ok with it :)

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
About all my tarantulas (and the Zoropsis) do this. If the dish is some distance from the shelter, it does help them miss it a little.

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Its probably an instinctive way of keeping mites and unwanted parties away of her homes.

Rarely they leave it inside the burrow, and when they do, the never use the burrow too much. (IME)

EndlessForms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Enjoy, she is going to keep doing it, lol. I guess its not as bad as my B.vagans using its water bowl as a rolly toy, :D

Plus my A.metallica likes placing her bolus, as well as doing her business in her water bowl.
hahahaha 'rolly toy' i'd love to see that! {D