togo starburst handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I mean if you want to know what it’s going to feel like to get bite then that is a good way to try and find out. Is he the same guy that free handles his big pokies? I suspect that all it will take is one nasty bite for him to reconsider his ways.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i have alot of very aggressive/"venomous" ts(if ya want to put it that way)and no way i would ever handle them,uh uh,ive been bit by a hongkong giant centie(accident ofcourse)and it was very bad:eek: i can just imagine if any of the ts i have(supposely very strong venom) bit me....ah no way,not worth it. just my opinion.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i've seen his video's before. maybe he has gotten tagged and thats why he's so confident about handling aggresive T's. nonetheless, suspensefull. :wall:

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wicked video. Thanx for posting it Fangsalot!

This kid is amazing!!! He stays so calm and gentle. I would never try to hold those T’s but man he makes it look good.

I really like his videos because it shows how those spiders behave to certain stimuli. I found them very interesting and watched each one a few times.

Steph

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
To all his own... that was a very interesting and great video.

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i wouldnt exactly call him amazing :rolleyes:

Oh no? Why is that?

If it helps at all I think you’re really amazing with your handling and "spider whisperer" skills as well :worship: ..... hopefully one day I'll feel more comfortable handling my tougher T’s...I doubt it though :cool:

Steph

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
woww that was a nice video, that guy is crazy.. the T is super fast

Feathers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Gimme a break!

1. I regard that as a juggling act for the sake of sensationalism.

2. Some people are addicted to the epinephrine rush - back in the day we used to call it the jazz.

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
jazz ?????? that must of been some insane music if jazz gave that type of rush..lol

KaineSoulblade

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I handle all my T's as well but there is key differences to how this is approached and how I hold mine.

I don't poke them with chopsticks after a threat display is shown. It's extremely rare that I ever see threat displays, but when I do that means they want to be left alone.

But if a situation happened where an angry T did get out and on your body he displays the way you should handle it, and I think thats why he doesnt get tagged by any T's in his vids. Remain calm and cool, no jery movements and dont offer them a finger to bite. I always flat hand in these sitations.
I've had a 6'' regalis run in my shirt sleeve.. I remained cool kept my arms spread wide and it settled right into my arm pit with legs extended. I walked to a mirror and looked down the sleeve to see her face and front legs by my tricept and slipped my other hand up my shirt and gently brushed her hind legs and she came right back out to my elbow. I know if I would freaked out I would have probably had multiple pokie bites along my under arm and on the torso.

I like some of his videos but I definately disagree with taunting a pissed of T like this for so long.

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
T bothered

I think the same, the threat display clearly means 'I really wish you would quit bothering me ' and the T should not be bothered after that. Of course, that doesnt make for an really suspenseful video, does it? Yes, the mac is quite fast, as was demonstrated to be. I just dont agree with this kind of video, the T was clearly, er, ' unhappy ' and other than showing the Ts speed, and the guy remaining calm (Ill give him that), pretty pointless. Unless, someone watching agrees with the view that Ts threat display in the wild, so getting them to do this repeatedly is perfectly ok. I prefer to not 'stress' my Ts like this.

Last edited:

wonderfvl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I thought the video was an excellent demo for handling old world spiders. He is definitely more brave than myself.:clap: However, if I were to handle these t's and video, I'd probably vacuum first.:razz:

mr_x_plosion

Arachnopeon
That guy is crazy.

I would love to handle my spiders, I put my hand over my Smithi yesterday and she flicked hair at me so i left her alone, I doubt I will ever pick her up but I do need to find a way to get her out without stressing her to change the substrate. Maybe I should get this guy round, lol.

PsychoChaser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Can the Ts get hurt jumping off his arm into who knows what?

Thats is some crazy Steve Irwin stuff. Maybe thats how he started.

R.I.P. I love that crazy Ausie.

Status
Not open for further replies.