togo starburst handling

Status
Not open for further replies.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
jesus. does anybody but me read the rules on forums anymore?

my finger is going to be sore after reporting so many people. it's a good kind of hurt though.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wow….. I didn’t see that one…that is one of the saddest animal torture scenes I have seen…. nothing scientific about it….. That one is going to bother me for a long time………:(
you can't torture something that doesn't feel pain ;)

and the dude was fine and the sting is fairly over rated

edit:
i just realized you aren't concerned about the human. and are talking about some stupid mouse or something. that is awesome. for many reasons.

Last edited:

C_Strike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
guys a monkey.
no scientific basis for that,
Without trying ot be harsh..
If he gets eaten by a bunch of rats...long shot i know... it would be nothing short of poetic justice, lol
Im not keen on his responses to critisisms.
No probs if hes gonna hold any of his inverts, but the rat was wholey unneccessary, nothing short of cruelty

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Moderator's Note

While I realize that handling spiders, especially very defensive species, is highly controversial in our community, we need to remember to respect one another and avoid the name-calling. You can disagree with their actions, but please don't attack them personally because of it.

Becca

Feathers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm glad a moderator's stepped in...

Such videos are going to stir a degree of emotion up. I personally call 'em like I see 'em, but rules are rules, and I'll just have to bite my tongue on name calling.

No, arachi american, you don't have "...a great deal of respect for the animals in question." I've watched a lot of your videos, which have been informative and entertaining. But you crossed the line when you attempted a rat snuff flick; simply put, it was disgusting. Furthermore, a child has access to this video...

cacoseraph made the comment, "i just realized you aren't concerned about the human. and are talking about some stupid mouse or something. that is awesome. for many reasons." Your stupid white rat is the pet of many people, young and old. This wasn't like he was feeding his boa. He even voiced his dislike for the rat and that it should die; I am totally against such meaningless death. Hopefully, in time, your respect for life will grow.

The rat video is paramont to animal cruelty, and certain authorities have been notified.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
how about before warning me and everyone else maby this youtube link should be removed cause it clearly has swears in it and racist language which is also not allowed on the forum ;)

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
the last thing a spider wants to do is waste its precious venom on something that its not going to kill.

so you are saying a spider won't "waste" its venom on you or another human that is harassing it? i hope you don't believe that..then again i guess it doesn't matter.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just watched a few of his videos....

I wasn't too impressed with his antics.. He seems to be one of the people who are giving his fellow hobbyists a bad name. Case in point is him getting tagged by the A australis. If he happened to have to go to the hospital and passed away from the sting, it could have started yet another legislative move to ban more inverts from the hobby.

He's a thrill seeker, and that's fine. Currently the only person he is hurting is himself, sadly his videos might encourage more people to try what he is doing. eventually someone is going to get hurt and they'll blame their actions on him and his videos.

Sadly youtube doesn't have an option to flag a video for showing dangerous activities that could lead to someone getting hurt by emulating the video, or an option to flag things such as animal abuse.

anyways... just my $.02 Can.

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
notice the description to the video reads "this is a self proclaimed idiot".

if i proclaim myself an idiot, would i be free to undertake unlawful or unethical actions and be able to get away with them? i don't think so.

his parents and people who really cares about him would be sad to see these videos. he looks to be over 20, but obviously not behaving like a responsible adult by putting himself and other animals at risk and putting them in to stress.

like many people already said, this is the last thing we need as if a human fatality results from his actions, the chances that some sort of ban being placed on keeping inverts will increase.

and lastly, yes, i personally care more about the mouse and the scorpion, because the mouse didn't volunteer to be stun and the scorpion didn't want to sting. the human forced that onto these animals for reasons which are clearly beyond me.

this is really what we don't need for the hobby. :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

but again, that's just my opinion and it may not mean much. :rolleyes:

Feathers

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Don't be alarmed

I was waiting for this. I mentioned nothing of this site, only YouTube and the URL for the rat video. For me to sit by and do nothing would be, in part, condoning the video. Here's the part you'll like - for the life of me, I can't remember who I did report it to. How lame is that!?! I gave them my email and they will no doubt contact me Monday. Once they do reply, I'll let you know. I'm not one to say, "That's not right" and do nothing; I take charge of a situation. And I am not holier than thou, but wrong is wrong.

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
"Yes, i think i'll get that Mac to go..."

i have to say, while it was disresponsible, he must have some nice reflexes to have kept it under even that level of control.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hey all you super smart people who almost certainly don't drool when you talk.. much... remind me how ld50 works. i forgot. and apparently you don't know ;)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was waiting for this. I mentioned nothing of this site, only YouTube and the URL for the rat video. For me to sit by and do nothing would be, in part, condoning the video. Here's the part you'll like - for the life of me, I can't remember who I did report it to. How lame is that!?! I gave them my email and they will no doubt contact me Monday. Once they do reply, I'll let you know. I'm not one to say, "That's not right" and do nothing; I take charge of a situation. And I am not holier than thou, but wrong is wrong.
good job army ranger man

i'll be sure to let people know you were a contributor when we are hamstrung with laws like britain

you are very awesome and i totally respect the fact you are an exbulletdodger. tons. heaps. it makes me think you ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
cacoseraph made the comment, "i just realized you aren't concerned about the human. and are talking about some stupid mouse or something. that is awesome. for many reasons." Your stupid white rat is the pet of many people, young and old. This wasn't like he was feeding his boa. He even voiced his dislike for the rat and that it should die; I am totally against such meaningless death. Hopefully, in time, your respect for life will grow.

The rat video is paramont to animal cruelty, and certain authorities have been notified.
boohoo! the poor mousy. you people and your idiotic priorities.

in no way can you ascertain any ascpect of my respect for life based on the fact that i believe humans are more important than bred to die lab rats. good job though. i'm sure you learned plenty of logic in the navy.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hey man why dont u go test some more pede venom on yourself ;)

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hey man why dont u go test some more pede venom on yourself ;)
another demonstration of the vasty knowledge of the average whiner on threads like this

go find out how all you people know about what tarantula are bad and not. i'll give you a hint... it *doesn't* have to do with a massively parallel processing computer and molecular simulation. now... and i know this might tax your resources... but try to figure out how useful that is in the hobby.

so... now that you are back reading this the next day... what have you contributed to the hobby recently?

thanks for playing

Status
Not open for further replies.