Today's the big day!

possumburg

Arachnosquire
So I am getting my first shipment of T slings today. Ordered 3 Avicularia metallicas. I am so excited I only got like 3 hours of sleep last night lol. Pics ASAP!

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Quick question. What is a good color of background for photographing these little boogers? I came up empty on a search. I want to get some good pics before they go into their enclosures and web them up.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats :D

I'd go with something black. Blue Ts, black background, should make them pop :)

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I was going to suggest black as well. I did a 'photo shoot' with an A. avic sling when re-homing, and used a black background. Just make sure you have good lighting. :)

kenzie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Since we don't handle our Ts very much, I like to just photograph them in a habitat scene from their cage, but black or even white would be cool. or a piece of wood.

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Since we don't handle our Ts very much, I like to just photograph them in a habitat scene from their cage, but black or even white would be cool. or a piece of wood.
I don't plan on handling either, just gonna take pics as I unpack em. Figured I may as well get the best pics I can while I have the chance. There will definitely be habitat pics as well!

possumburg

Arachnosquire
Here they are. Some of the pics didn't turn out too great because these things were lively as heck lol. Shows what a great pack job BrerttG does!

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Awesome. I have to say that these guys are by FAR my favorite.My female is right around the 7 inch mark,and is always out and about doing something or other in her enclosure.Just great all around tarantulas,IMHO. Good size,and a GREAT personality,although they are a bit on the jumpy side compared to our other avic's.