Todays pickups

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I picked up some more spiders today. Someone on a FB group could no longer look after their sons Ts as he had fallen ill. They stayed nearby so I managed to scoop them up.

All were looking a little rough as werent kept in suitable housing or correct husbandry. Sponges, arboreal setups for terrestrials etc etc.

Here are the new additions

Poecilotheria smithi
IMG_4704.JPG IMG_4705.JPG

Pelinobius muticus
IMG_4709.JPG IMG_4710.JPG

Pterinochilus murinus
IMG_4706.JPG IMG_4707.JPG IMG_4708.JPG

With a very small abdomen. Probably dehydrated.

What I think is a Grammostola porteri?
IMG_4712.JPG

There was also a couple of grown on slings that I didnt get photos of

1xPoecilotheria regalis
1xPterinochilus murinus

Happy days, though I need to get a bigger home :confused:

Last edited:

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
Awesome picks! That P. smithi is stunning, it's one of my favorite Pokie spp.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Nice haul! The son sure had a fascination for feisty OW!
Yeah, they all look like they could use a good meal or five. Is the P.muticus on moist substrate?

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Nice haul! The son sure had a fascination for feisty OW!
Yeah, they all look like they could use a good meal or five. Is the P.muticus on moist substrate?
They will get the goods now hehe . Yes the P. mut now on slighlty moisten sub. The son had good taste, though not great husbandry knowledge. It is a shame that he had to give them up all the same though as he reluctant to let them go

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
They will get the goods now hehe . Yes the P. mut now on slighlty moisten sub. The son had good taste, though not great husbandry knowledge. It is a shame that he had to give them up all the same though as he reluctant to let them go
Totally understandable, i would be, with those species!

Paiige

Arachnobaron
That poor P. murinus :(
In any case, I'm glad they'll be in good care! That's a nice group of Ts.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
A potentially Goddess is always "... like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now."

:-s

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer
On the last pic. Look into G. conception. Is hard to tell from the pic but it does look a bit like mine.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
On the last pic. Look into G. conception. Is hard to tell from the pic but it does look a bit like mine.
I have concepcion and it looks very different. It doesn't look like my porteri either. I was thinking 'Northern Gold' or 'Northern Type' I am not too sure with them. It is looking very rough and needs a moult. Do you keep either of those?

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
@Exoskeleton Invertebrates , you are good with these variants. What do you think?
As stated definetly not sp. "Concepción" or a "Northern Type. The tarantula seems a bit stressed cannot see the type of color on the carapace, however the tarantula has a dark coloration on the femur which it could be some different variants that has almost the same characteristics as the common Grammostola porteri. If it is porteri on the femur with right lighning it would be a highlight blue. If it doesn't have that color on the femur than your dealing with a different variant of the Grammostola species "Rosehairs". The farantula definitely is in need of a molt. You never know you just may have the Grammostola sp. "Violet Hue" that may just be a different variant of the porteri. It's hard to tell until you have a fresh molt at this time.

Belegnole

Tarantula Guy
Old Timer
I have concepcion and it looks very different. It doesn't look like my porteri either. I was thinking 'Northern Gold' or 'Northern Type' I am not too sure with them. It is looking very rough and needs a moult. Do you keep either of those?
My concepcion hasn't molted in my care and the colors have gone from a red hue to more of a orange brown over the last year. Of course so much depends on lighting in these pictures. Good luck figuring it out....