Todays luckiest Man in the World?

TarantulaVito

Arachnopeon
When i wake up, i usually check all my Tarantulas so i did today, i dont know why but the OBT (she is about 3 inches) is always the last. As i checked the OBT, i saw it "The door of the Terra was wide open". Before i even checked if the OBT is still in there i called my GF and asked her if she did anything with the Terra and she said no, i started shaking cuze i had to leave the House in 20 min and i own a cat. Then i remembered that i fed her yesterday, so that means the door was open for more than 14 hours. Again i checked the Terra if she is maybe still in there (what are the Chances?) And then i saw on of her legs peaking out of her hide. Man i was so happy that i had to sit down dir 10 minutes and calm myself down. You definitely dont need a coffe if you have a morning like this. :hurting:

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
It happens to the best of us. Luckily mine was a H. incei sling that did escape that I found 2 days later on my bathroom wall.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
That's pretty negligent to be honest. U need to get more responsible with the obt or get rid of it.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Vito pay always attention my man because if the 'orange lovely bugger' manage to bite you, you will dance the 'ballo di San Vito' like a pro :kiss:

jook :troll:

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
That's not actually very surprising. Tarantulas don't wander around in the wild, they generally stick to one hide.

I've left small kritter keeper lids open for days in fossorial species by accident. No issue.

If there's flies in the room, I open some juvi avic cages and wait.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
That's not actually very surprising. Tarantulas don't wander around in the wild, they generally stick to one hide.

I've left small kritter keeper lids open for days in fossorial species by accident. No issue.

If there's flies in the room, I open some juvi avic cages and wait.
I always assumed, that tarantulas would wonder about but eventually return to their homes. I believe scientist think their eyes help them find there way back to their burrows, maybe I'm talking rubbish and the more scientific people can correct me.
Obviously mature males will wonder away.
Of course there is a chance the T decided that his home wasn't good enough and went off in search of better terrain.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I always assumed, that tarantulas would wonder about but eventually return to their homes. I believe scientist think their eyes help them find there way back to their burrows, maybe I'm talking rubbish and the more scientific people can correct me.
Obviously mature males will wonder away.
Of course there is a chance the T decided that his home wasn't good enough and went off in search of better terrain.
dont know about the eyes part.

i want to put cages in larger barren ones with the lid opened and see what percentage actually will leave overnight.

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
dont know about the eyes part.

i want to put cages in larger barren ones with the lid opened and see what percentage actually will leave overnight.
That would be interesting, I would also be interested in how many return.
From what I read they use a pair of eyes to calculate distance so they know how to return back to the burrow or something like that.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
That would be interesting, I would also be interested in how many return.
From what I read they use a pair of eyes to calculate distance so they know how to return back to the burrow or something like that.
I don't think their eyesight is that good. Always assumed they just left a thread of webbing behind them as they explored.