Today was the Reptile show.......

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
I haven't missed the monthly show in years. Each time to buy a few thousand crickets, I can't breed them, and a few misc. supplies.
I have "no wish/want list", but couldn't pass the T and scorpion vendor, and was "just browsing ". Absolutely zero pokie slings, but I saw a deli cup labeled C. sp. Vietnam Blue, hmmmm. Opened the top and out came an 1 1/2" sling onto the surface... oh my! So we settled on a price, bought both, and got a H. sp. columbia, 1/8" sling as a freebie.
As I was leaving a young guy asked me what would be a good first T for him to buy. He wanted a NW, but an arboreal, and a sling. The selection was very limited, A. avics and 1 A. braunshauseni, where available. We looked at some larger containers and found A. avic juveniles in the 2 1/2"-3 1/2" size. He purchased a very healthy looking one nearly 3" DLS. After discussing how to set up a proper enclose and its dimensions, he was excited to get everything there. Bought the cork and some small crickets, but couldn't find a enclosure. Stopped at my vehicle and I opened a bag of peat moss I bought earlier and filled a plastic bag to use as substrate. He lives in a nearby city that has a Hobby Lobby and will purchase an enclosure there. Yup, told him lots of holes for ventilation and a water dish. ;)
We exchanged phone numbers and I said to call if he had any questions. Informed him of this forum and to join. Shook hands and I said that I was sorry to have gotten another person "addicted ", he laughed and we parted ways.
Overall, I had a great time today and now to start setting up some new enclosures. Yippee!! :):kiss::happy:

awiec

Arachnoprince
Always good to set people up properly, I've talked some people out of certain species due to skill level or by talking to them knowing they wouldn't like a species.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
My fav is getting opportunity on the spot to chat w/others in the hobby or preferably new to the hobby.

Lunitar

Arachnoslacker
Where in Ohio?

I have not been to a show yet, still a newb with a rosy here. There is one coming up in a few weeks here in Cincy.

I am going to be bummed if I missed one close by. :arghh:

:edit: found it, I will make it up there next time, not a bad drive from cincinnati.

Last edited:

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Where in Ohio?

I have not been to a show yet, still a newb with a rosy here. There is one coming up in a few weeks here in Cincy.

I am going to be bummed if I missed one close by. :arghh:

:edit: found it, I will make it up there next time, not a bad drive from cincinnati.
Ohio has 2-3, sometimes 4 shows each month. Yesterday was Columbus and today's was in Cleveland.
I've not been to a show in Cincinnati, but one just north of there near Kings Island. Is that the one you're referring too?

obie

Arachnosquire
i missed the cleveland one yesterday. i usually attend it every month

Lunitar

Arachnoslacker
Ohio has 2-3, sometimes 4 shows each month. Yesterday was Columbus and today's was in Cleveland.
I've not been to a show in Cincinnati, but one just north of there near Kings Island. Is that the one you're referring too?
Nope, this show is in Fairfield OH, here is a link http://cincityreptileshow.com/index.html I will have a table there for the next show, I have some cages and other things made up and I want to feel out the overall interest in them.