Today in the Spider Room?

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Packed up a whole bunch of T. violaceus from a recent sac for the show this weekend. Made sure everything was watered and fed. Should have a few pairings to post about next week.
Sorry for blurry pic
20190304_085358-1.jpg

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
My little LP sling died. It put up the dirt curtains a while back but I've been maintaining the water and substrate. I happened to check for "windows" today and just saw a white furry lump in one corner. Dug down and there it was, with a molt.
I'm guessing the molt went badly, aside from some mold in the enclosure I can't think of anything I might have done wrong. I'm mystified.
RIP, Jersey.

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
It's a red letter day in the spider room. Roxy my A. chalcodes finally molted for the first time in my care after 3 years and 2 months of having her. She chewed up the abdomen pretty good but left enough so I was finally able to confirm that she is indeed female! Yay!

On another note, I went to check my Dubia colony to make sure they had dry food left and was greeted by a half full food dish with about 10 sets of little antennae waving around sticking out of the food. No roaches visible in there, just antennae. Made me smile after a bad day

Metallattorney

Arachnopeon
My c. lividus adult female finally remembered that she is supposed to be fossorial and dug a burrow. After six months of having her, this is the first time she has done this. She has a corner of her enclosure webbed up and stayed in there until today. She has been refusing food the last few times, so I am thinking a molt is coming.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I am on my way and I am fetching a pair of Theraphosinae sp. piura for a total of 30 €, i.e. 36 dollars. Adult since the end of 2020.
I read it today in the paper😁

Here they are: Theraphosinae sp. piura 0.1:

DSCN5867.JPG

Theraphosinae sp. piura 1.0:

DSCN5870.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
It finally happened. My G. porteri, after 718 days, ate a mealworm. I didn't think she would but I put a smaller one in there for her (figured if she didn't want it I'd take it out and give it to my little B. emilia) and it took her a few minutes but she actually ate it!

hestoncv

Arachnosquire
It finally happened. My G. porteri, after 718 days, ate a mealworm. I didn't think she would but I put a smaller one in there for her (figured if she didn't want it I'd take it out and give it to my little B. emilia) and it took her a few minutes but she actually ate it!
Wow that's amazing. 2 years

Royalty

Arachnoknight
"Her Highness" Bach Ma has been out the past two nights.

1610850950759.png

1610851039613.png

I have her on my computer desk (lmao the sticker I put there even tho I have a label maker) I just noticed her out right now.

I recently rehoused and I think she was just depositing some more dirt out when we caught eyes so we sat there watching each other. (I am not sure how much she actually sees of me but personifying is kind of amusing to me)

She is so beautiful, I love her so much.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
All my slings ate today other than p.cambridgei but I left it a prekilled this time. I had to hand feed the Avic peru purple because it's a lazy ass hunter tho

Royalty

Arachnoknight
All my slings ate today other than p.cambridgei but I left it a prekilled this time. I had to hand feed the Avic peru purple because it's a lazy ass hunter tho
I hand fed my Avic Kwitara yesterday. It was through the little hole at the top that I drop the mealworms into. She was near it and I sort of passed it through to her. she snapped it immediately

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Just caught my Acanthoscurris geniculata drinking. Oh, and I broke down and bought a culture of fruit flies :sad:

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I have just rehoused my two remaining cambridgei slings from the 2020 breed. The first time I use spaghetti cans...

From here (click for better quality)
DSCN5914.JPG

to those cans...
DSCN5915.JPG DSCN5917.JPG DSCN5916.JPG

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Theraphosinae sp. piura pairing, we are currently in the 90th minute. They drum like crazy but they can't find a good position. I'm going to get something to eat now. :wacky:

DSCN5927.JPG DSCN5929.JPG

3 hours later... He finally did it! :angelic:
Then he ran like the devil, although - in good condition - she showed no interest in his nutritional values!

PXL_20210120_181444584.jpg

Last edited:

ConstantSorrow

Arachnosquire
Decided one of my T. albos (Atwood) was in too large a container and my N. coloratovillosus was in one that was too small. So I switched them out and nobody kicked hairs, nobody bolted, it went fine.
I'm hoping that Atwood will stop looking stressed now and Scully will like the new burrow and stop acting all crazy and defensive.

What is the plural of albopilosus? Albopilosi? Albopilosusses?

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
Lp decided to take a stroll on the wall and got to see her fangs, absolutly huge! Would not want to get tagged by her! Also got caught by surprise when I saw my A avic almost done molting. (Probably why it didn't eat last week) And going to rehouse t albo sling soon just need to finish poking holes.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
not sure what has gotten into praxidike the P. cambridgei but it is out climbing all over the inside of the enclosure in daylight....exploring every inch while I sit at my desk and work on a paper. Not complaining......I’d try and snap some macro shots but it’s just too awesome to see it out to try and mess anything up and it bolt back in its burrow.