Toad proof planting

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
I plan to move my three Sclerophrys regularis (African common Toad) into my 29 gallon tank. They are very good bulldozers and burrowers. I have several succulents I hope to plant in with them to create an "African Savannah". Anyone have any more decorative ideas for planting other than using pots? They don't seem to need much root space.
IMG_3220.JPG

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Yeah. Suggestion. Bulldozers they be. Put in plants with roots that reach to the center of the earth. Or spend a good part of your time observing in despair as they have decided the perfect burrow is underneath your favorite succulent and nothing under the sun is going to change their minds.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Clay pots it is lol. May be pots on top the lid lol.
Consider burying your pots in the sub, having them standing on the bottom of the terrarium. Toads love to dig under things. But once they have a palatial subterranean mansion all spiffed up, cool and moist, they tend to be content. If you have room, put in some flat rocks for them to dig under. Don't forget to give them earthworms, just to see those thumbs in action.

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
Very good suggestions. I am going with two clay pots one on each side. That way I don't take up too much floor space. Instead of going for an African Savannah look, I will go for the "African urban backyard" look lol. As for watching them eat, I haven't tried them on earthworms yet. They are fun to watch eat Eublaberus serranus nymphs (pantanal roach).