to mate with more than 1 male! good or bad?

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
Im wondering what you think about mateing a female with more than 1 male!?
What is your take on if the one male is infertile will it influence the sperm of the fertile male? if the female is almost full of sperm from the first male will she refuse mating with the second? or will the second replace the first males sperm? or will he just top her up to full?

Whats your take on this?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Unless you're using loaner males, then go for it.

As far as whose sperm will replace whose, yadda yadda...no idea. Female are generally receptive to males multiple times, so I don't see any extra risk factor between introducing a second male or the same male multiple times.

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
Unless you're using loaner males, then go for it.

As far as whose sperm will replace whose, yadda yadda...no idea. Female are generally receptive to males multiple times, so I don't see any extra risk factor between introducing a second male or the same male multiple times.
Cool! I always use more males on one feme if there is avail!but whats your take on infertile sperm mixing with fertile?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No possible way to tell if a male is infertile so I have no opinion.

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
This happened! I mated 2 females C fasciatum! the one female 1 was mated! i then mated female 2 with th same male after he made another sperm webb! i then mated the female 2 again with a second male! Female 1 and 2 made egg sacks but only female 1 eggs were fertile! although female 2 was mated with same male as 1! do you think once i introduced the second male to female 2 is were something went wrong? or does the foult lie with the female?