To feed or not to feed?

TGod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My charming little Brachypelma hamorii juvenile seems to have completly enclosed herself from the outside and the only reason I can see her is because luckily her burrow is right up against the side of the enclosure (in hindsight I probably should have got a pic but oh well I'll do that later) . Anyway feeding her would indefinitely mean destroying the results of her hard labours so I'm hesitant. I'm also thinking maybe she has done this for a reason (premolt maybe).
She did eat last week but she was rather hesitant at first, I think it could have been simply because the cricket was stressing her out. If she doesn't eat tho I am concerned about her being adequately hydrated as she may not be able to access the water and she is a dry climate species. Any advice?

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
I wouldn't worry about it. They seal themselves up in pre molt so they aren't disturbed, so definitely don't dig her up.

Maybe pop her water dish right next to the hide then it's there when she comes out if she's thirsty.

She'll come out when she's ready, could be days, weeks or months. But she'll be fine. In the meantime don't try to feed her and make a note when she sealed herself up

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
My charming little Brachypelma hamorii juvenile seems to have completly enclosed herself from the outside and the only reason I can see her is because luckily her burrow is right up against the side of the enclosure (in hindsight I probably should have got a pic but oh well I'll do that later) . Anyway feeding her would indefinitely mean destroying the results of her hard labours so I'm hesitant. I'm also thinking maybe she has done this for a reason (premolt maybe).
She did eat last week but she was rather hesitant at first, I think it could have been simply because the cricket was stressing her out. If she doesn't eat tho I am concerned about her being adequately hydrated as she may not be able to access the water and she is a dry climate species. Any advice?
WAIT

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I wouldn't feed, if a cricket or roach gets inside while she's molting, it could be a bad situation. Also don't be alarmed if she stays hidden for months.