To All Tarantula Lovers - We Need Your Help!

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
I will probably do the survey,because it is interesting to me.However,not sure what the advantage for myself,and others in the U.S would be?.
T keepers in the US are faced with restriction not seen in the rest of the world.Pokies,T.seldonia etc.etc.

T.seldonia are being bred and offered across Europe and Canada with no issues from their government .
Sri lanken pokies ,i.e.smithi/vittata/ornata freely sold and traded.

This is from Finland,Posted from a member in Brazil.
Ill do the survey.because I got nothing better to do today.
As others have said,whats the point of this "survey"?.Let me know when you show it to the USFAW service,and they change their minds about
the restrictions imposed on US T keepers.
Had a bad day,and im stepping down from my soapbox.Thanks for reading my rant.

And,before I go,also show it to the Australian authorities,so @RezonantVoid can have his B.smithi teddy bear.:grumpy:.

Forget it.Reads more like a group of PETA activists saying we,T keepers and enthusiasts are the problem.NOT deforestation/habitat destruction.
Illegal trade is deplorable!.No argument from any one on AB.
Nope,im not helping you in this deceitful "survey"..

Last edited by a moderator:

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I will probably do the survey,because it is interesting to me.However,not sure what the advantage for myself,and others in the U.S would be?.
T keepers in the US are faced with restriction not seen in the rest of the world.Pokies,T.seldonia etc.etc.

T.seldonia are being bred and offered across Europe and Canada with no issues from their government .

As others have said,whats the point of this "survey"?.Let me know when you show it to the USFAW service,and they change their minds about

And,before I go,also show it to the Australian authorities,so @RezonantVoid can have his B.smithi teddy bear.:grumpy:.

Forget it.Reads more like a group of PETA activists saying we,T keepers and enthusiasts are the problem.NOT deforestation/habitat destruction.
I wouldn't bother with it anyway, our country is too scared to import even an exotic daddy-long-legs to care about my opinion :p

Two short legs

Arachnopeon
Thanks!
I'm going to take a look at it, but I get where you're coming from. The line: "..if deemed worthwhile.." jumped out at me, & governments are just as interested in harvesting metadata -whether they make public their respondent's info, or not.

I don't think you came off as particularly rude, either. Paranoid, yes...but not rude ;)
Thanks

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Read this carefully.

I should let this go,cause I need to fix dinner for me and my grandson...…….but the more I reread this,the more it PO,s me.
To get on AB,and post this on here ….NO.
How about the article talking about how we,as T keepers,take care of,breed, and live with these animals?On a daily basis.We cry when they die,
we spend our money on food,enclosures and spend hours talking about them.
But to read this crap,we are the bad guys.Geez,where have I heard that before????.
We keep T,s and scorps,so we are the bad guys/girls.because smugglers and illegal importers are wiping out native populations.

Pterino

Arachnopeon
You might rethink this if you read the questions being asked in the survey. It's largely opinion based and/or personal preference questions.

To the OP: I have completed the survey, thank you very much for not making the name/email/etc questions mandatory. I am more than willing to provide answers in surveys like this, but very much prefer to limit the exposure of my contact info.
For sure, our intention is not to expose anybody, but to understand different points of view :)

DaveM

ArachnoOneCanReach
Old Timer
Done. Thank you very much for your publications and your work on this.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Done. I just think it’s clear that the best hope many of these species have is in the hands of hobbyists and breeders. We have more passion and are more educated on individual species than most conservationist group could ever hope to be. It’s also in our best interests long term to aid in maintaining a wild population of all species.

winter

Arachnosupporter +
Done. Please come back and make public the findings of your study.

Swagg

Arachnoknight

Done

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Done. Knowledge is power, glad you’re doing this

NYAN

Arachnoking
This survey, in my opinion, misses a critical aspect of what it is surveying on. It fails to collect data on what is considered illegal trade in a person’s country.

Some countries have no laws, some ban keeping of native species, some ban keeping of exotic species, some ban keeping of specific species, some ban importation or sale of certain species. Additionally, the question on percentage of illegal tarantulas should have an option that is less than 5-10%. In many places it isn’t very prevalent.