To All Tarantula Lovers - We Need Your Help!

Pterino

Arachnopeon
**** Posted with the approval of @MrDeranged *****

Dear Tarantulalovers,

We are arachnologists based at the Finnish Museum of Natural History researching about tarantula trade. We’d like to invite all enthusiasts to participate in our query on tarantula trade and conservation issues.

The purpose of this short ANONYMOUS survey is to find out to what HOBBYISTS, RESEARCHERS, BREEDERS, COLLECTORS, RETAILERS, ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS and other parts think about tarantula trade and conservation, and discover some traits and trends of the tarantula pet market.

It is important to LISTEN TO ALL PARTS involved in tarantula trade and realize their point of view in order to conciliate interests and to think in better practices regarding tarantula conservation.

Results will eventually be published if deemed worthwhile and all individual answers will remain anonymous. For any questions regarding this query, please contact Pedro Cardoso (pedro.cardoso@helsinki.fi) or Caroline Fukushima (caroline.fukushima@helsinki.fi)

We would be very grateful if you could share your opinion.

Spread the word! Thank you!

Link to the questionnaire: https://forms.gle/X53QWtk2qrckjHyu5

Read more at: http://biodiversityresearch.org/que...AQ0JRp_EWGD86lQ8Xmef6WRX90qtKo_HF1ns1234eBjvI

Two short legs

Arachnopeon
Not going to,the research and information is all ready out there.and rules we can or can't.export ect,ect.
anonymous ? UK government done that,and sold the info!

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Done!

Not going to,the research and information is all ready out there.and rules we can or can't.export ect,ect.
Burn the 5G towers too!! 🤨

If you don't want to do the survey it's fine, but don't be rude to a person who is looking for us to make a survey to improve our hobby.

Two short legs

Arachnopeon
Maybe after reading my message,it may sound rude,but that was not my intention.but I'm still going to opt out.
Burn the 5G towers too!! 🤨

If you don't want to do the survey it's fine, but don't be rude to a person who is looking for us to make a survey to improve our hobby.

Pyroxian

Arachnophobophiliac
You might rethink this if you read the questions being asked in the survey. It's largely opinion based and/or personal preference questions.

To the OP: I have completed the survey, thank you very much for not making the name/email/etc questions mandatory. I am more than willing to provide answers in surveys like this, but very much prefer to limit the exposure of my contact info.

SharkNATO

Arachnopeon
Enjoyed the survey, are you making any special effort to reach 'less-online' hobbyists? I suspect a lot of wild collection pressure comes from brick and mortar pet stores wanting inexpensive + impressively sized spiders for people to impulse buy.

mellow

Arachnobaron
Done! That was a fun questionnaire! Good luck with your research! 😁

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Done.
Illegal trade is one if the main causes of species reduction, no matter what type of plant or animal it is.

Tentacle Toast

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter +
I'm going to take a look at it, but I get where you're coming from. The line: "..if deemed worthwhile.." jumped out at me, & governments are just as interested in harvesting metadata -whether they make public their respondent's info, or not.

I don't think you came off as particularly rude, either. Paranoid, yes...but not rude ;)

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Interesting...is this currently being done in conjunction with any government/politician to influence policy?

Thanks,

Arthroverts