Tmarus angulatus & Oxyopes salticus

goaethic

Arachnopeon
While photographing outside yesterday, close to dusk, I came across two spiders, both missing legs. The crab spider has 5 legs and a deflated abdomen, the lynx spider is missing two front legs on one side. I took them in, but I don't know exactly how to care for ambush/hunter types. Could anyone provide advice?

Attachments

How big are the spiders? Depending on the size, you could feed them a range of animals; fruit flies, aphids, flies, roaches etc. They don't need much space, big enough for them to explore, but small enough that they can find their prey. A simple set up could be a deli cup, with a few holes or mesh in the top and some pieces of décor for them to hide/ explore. Make sure to mist their enclosures regularly and feed them a medium - large meal once per week or a small - medium meal every 2 -3 days. They may need a little extra help (tweezers) considering they are missing legs. Anyway, good luck, and I hope this helps.

goaethic

Arachnopeon
How big are the spiders? Depending on the size, you could feed them a range of animals; fruit flies, aphids, flies, roaches etc. They don't need much space, big enough for them to explore, but small enough that they can find their prey. A simple set up could be a deli cup, with a few holes or mesh in the top and some pieces of décor for them to hide/ explore. Make sure to mist their enclosures regularly and feed them a medium - large meal once per week or a small - medium meal every 2 -3 days. They may need a little extra help (tweezers) considering they are missing legs. Anyway, good luck, and I hope this helps.
This helps so much! I've been looking for some kind of instruction for DAYS. Thank you!

goaethic

Arachnopeon
This helps so much! I've been looking for some kind of instruction for DAYS. Thank you!