Tliltocatl Vagans stretch marks(?)

cinnaka

Arachnopeon
Hi!
my T. Vagans has gone a looong time without molting, it’s around 6-6.5 years old and it has been in my care for just a couple of months now. The last two weeks she has been very hungry, and I assumed it was to get enough nutrients for a upcoming molt.
It’s been a few days since it ate the last time and I saw these marks on her butt today. Does anyone know if these indicates pre-molt, or if I accidentally over fed it and they actually CAN get abdominal stretch marks?
(I say it because I haven’t confirmed the gender, tho I assume it’s a girl if the age is right)

thank you so much for all help!!

Attachments

Liquifin

Arachnoking
It looks fine to me as some tarantulas have that from kicking hairs. So it's nothing too alarming or worrisome to me.

(I say it because I haven’t confirmed the gender, tho I assume it’s a girl if the age is right)
Age has nothing to do with sex/gender. While females do live longer than males, it doesn't mean a male can take a long time until they're mature. So using age a basis for sex/gender is not a reliable way too sex a tarantula.

cinnaka

Arachnopeon
Thank you! I thought it might be that but i only ever saw it kicking hairs once, like, ever.
And yeah, I’m hoping for it to be a girl, so I guess that’s why I’m basing on age, since Vagans usually mature between 4-6 and it has no male tell-signs.
it did come from a previous owner who did not supply the correct enclosure or food amount tho, so that might be a factor in the equation.

nevertheless, thank you for all your helpful words😊

Neonblizzard

Arachnomoron
Yep, just a bit of hair kicking, very normal.

Be careful not to overfeed your tarantula by continuing to feed them as long as they accept food. Many tarantulas will eat and eat long after what is necessary, then they will be obese and more at risk of injury.

They will then go on a fast which could last a very long time; it's much harder for an adult to slim down once it's gotten overweight.

I only feed my adults once a month or so, they don't need to eat as regular like a juvenile /sling does

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi!
my T. Vagans has gone a looong time without molting, it’s around 6-6.5 years old and it has been in my care for just a couple of months now. The last two weeks she has been very hungry, and I assumed it was to get enough nutrients for a upcoming molt.
It’s been a few days since it ate the last time and I saw these marks on her butt today. Does anyone know if these indicates pre-molt, or if I accidentally over fed it and they actually CAN get abdominal stretch marks?

thank you so much for all help!!
Healthy, not stretch marks, they don't get them like primates do.