Tityus Thread

Dennis1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
HI

nice pictures of the Tityus serrulatus !

I will make photos of my Tityus species at the weekend .
I keep :
Tityus spec.
Tityus falconensis
Tityus serrulatus
Tityus stigmurus
Tityus trinitatis
Tityus bahiensis

Here one photo ( a bit older ...T. falconensis male )

Murziukas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Guys, any ideas on sexing T. Falconensis? There are two of them in Lithuania and it would be nice if it would be a pair. Tityus photo by Dennis1 looks quite similar to my tityus what could mean I have male as well. Generaly, females are smaller/bigger? More bulbous/ smoother shaped claws? Any hints from your experience?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Murziukas said:
Guys, any ideas on sexing T. Falconensis? There are two of them in Lithuania and it would be nice if it would be a pair. Tityus photo by Dennis1 looks quite similar to my tityus what could mean I have male as well. Generaly, females are smaller/bigger? More bulbous/ smoother shaped claws? Any hints from your experience?
In most Tityus spp the males have more bulbous chela and less robust than the females. I hear T falc. is difficult to sex as you have to do a pectine count. Someone with more experience with these can hopefully shed more light on this.

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gigus said:
it depends on your local council but up to and over £400 is not uncommon
and if you do get one and you keep lethal inverts the life insurance is MASSIVE, vittatus arent lethal are they? thats why i dont understand why theyre on the list
Gigus, it's not life insurance you need it's liability insurance. You can't get a DWA without it. It actually doesn't cost quite as much as you would expect! ;) [ /work mode]

Dennis1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ythier said:
I agree...not the best photo ;)
The photo is nice , but you cant see that the males are much bigger that the female ;)

At the moment I have just 1.0.1 T. falconensis , so I cant make a photo with a male and a female .

By the way : Someone here who sell a female ? ;)

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sweet Brian! I got a feeling T. stigmurus will be my first Tityus, I like them...

Mike

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I am getting a decent supply of those now and hopefully I can get a factory going soon

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
UPDATE:
The young T serrulatus have molted into 2nd instar now. I have most separated although there are a few stragglers still on Mom. This was Mom's first meal in about a month and a half. Note the 2nd instar young still holding on to her

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It would appear that I have a male Tityus falconensis. Look at the chela. The others his size have much thinner chela so I am going to say are females which means I will be putting them together soon to see if they will mate

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
insectoman said:
Hello Brian,

How many time to fullgrown size?

regards,
Benoît
Are you speaking of how many molts? If so I believe most Tityus molt 5 times

insectoman

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello brian,

no, i speacking about how many month.

sorry i've a poor english!:eek:

regards,
Benoît

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
insectoman said:
Hello brian,

no, i speacking about how many month.

sorry i've a poor english!:eek:

regards,
Benoît
Oh ok, :)
I had one group mature in about 10 months. That is with warm temps and plenty to eat

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
General maturity times for Tityus spp., with a good food supply and kept at reasonable temperatures are (it's always going to be pretty variable):

• Tityus serrulatus: 12-14 months
  • Tityus bahiensis: 10-12 months
  • Tityus falconensis: 8-10 months (fastest growing of the species kept in captivity)
  • Tityus trinitatis: 9-11 months
  • Tityus paraensis: 9-10 months
  • Tityus costatus: not known yet