Tityus Thread

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I thought we need a good Tityus thread with pics and info. I'll start with these pics.

Tityus falconensis

Tityus costatus

Tityus stigmurus

Tityus serrulatus

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Beauty pics Brian of a great genus! are these your own? this is one genus i have not ventured into, but i think i might have too;)

cheers, steve

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The other isnt a sting. Its often called a subaculear "tooth". I am not sure of the function. Maybe someone else here can enlighten us on this

Steffen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Carnell that female looks amazing!!! My favorite species! Sadly Tityus is illegal in Denmark.

Murziukas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some shots of my Tityus.

P.S. I don't have DWA. I don't need it.

stonemantis

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
SOAD said:
what is "DWA" ??????
I think it's a special license in the UK that you need in order to keep venomous animals. I don't know if that's 100% accurate but, that my hypothesis.

Back on topic Nice Tityus spp. pictures.

Murziukas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It's a premission to own and keep buthidae scorpions (may be some other animals as well) but aplied only in UK as far as I know.

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it is a UK only thing, bloody expensive to you need it for ALL buthidae scorps and Hemiscorpius lepturus. Why cant they take Centruroides vittatus off that list !!!!!!!!!!!!

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
it depends on your local council but up to and over £400 is not uncommon
and if you do get one and you keep lethal inverts the life insurance is MASSIVE, vittatus arent lethal are they? thats why i dont understand why theyre on the list

Murziukas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think only C. Exilicauda has some fatalities in the past, others - quite uncomon in hobby or just painful.
Ok, no more about DWA and Centruroides, it's Tityus thread. My appologies, back to the topic. :rolleyes:

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
In order to get back on the subject of Tityus, here is a typical set up I use for both adults and subadults. It is a Gladware plastic box with moist peat, tree bark and a soda bottle cap for water.