Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ahhhh, Brian...

the one that is eluding us...for now! {D

Chris

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow...niceties...anyway to get my hands on them ?
Need to replenish my lost...just lost 3 out of 5 tat was shipped to me...no idea why

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There are several trying to breed Tityus so they will be more plentiful in the near future

Australis

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I see my lil T.stigmurus looks plump...ad at 2nd instar...molting ?
If they are molting, I'm not putting any food in there.

I WANT MORE TITYUS {D

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hey George,

don't you think you take a awfull lot of a risk holding the T.paraensis in that way?? I understand it is for the sake of the picture, but this is a fast en very toxic species..... If it would be startled, it could run up your arm or something like that...
As I am receiving this species soon, I trying to get as much info as I can. Not a lot of people will hold a Tityus on a piece iof bark like you do. Is there a calculable risk or is it a docile species??

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Hi
ive actually handled that specimen, its more docile than my emperors, but a WC T.paraensis i had was VERY unpredictable

i'd advise you not to handle them, and to be cautious, mine were just slow or something
both my females died about 3-5 months after becoming adult.. maybe its just my specimens

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
G. Carnell said:
Hi
ive actually handled that specimen, its more docile than my emperors, but a WC T.paraensis i had was VERY unpredictable

i'd advise you not to handle them, and to be cautious, mine were just slow or something
both my females died about 3-5 months after becoming adult.. maybe its just my specimens
Well I wasn't planning on doing so, George, but thanks for the advice. I have heard from more guys (at least 2 or 3) that they have problems maintaining the females. They either die before, or (shortly) after the molt to adulthood?? Very typical and interesting, this strange problem....Maybe it has something to do with captive conditions....

SOAD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Eric this are the uglier scorpions i have ever seen. =p
have you breeded t.melanostictus? and why there isn't pictures of them on your web page???????????

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
what are the adult sizes of most tityus anyways? i never really thought about it, i just figured they would be about centruroides size, but then i realized that some of the tropical centruroides get quite large. what am i to expect here?

SOAD

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i would say yes... eric posted this pics some time ago in Martin's thread "scorpions from trinidad"... and about tityus size... most are 6-7 cm some are smaller 2-3 cm and some are bigger 10-11 cm... i'm not sure but i thinj that tityus paraensis is bigger than any centruroides... i'm not sure cause males centruroides have a very long tail....

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
SOAD said:
Eric this are the uglier scorpions i have ever seen. =p
have you breeded t.melanostictus? and why there isn't pictures of them on your web page???????????
Yes I breed it. Pictures will be soon on the website, I didn't have enough time to do it.

David Burns said:
Eric;
Are those some of the ones that Martin sent you?
Yes they are.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
does anyone know the max size for serrulatus and bahiensis? in inches preferably.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
pandinus said:
does anyone know the max size for serrulatus and bahiensis? in inches preferably.
About 3 inches or so. Although there are some that are a bit smaller.
The one you got at AC looked to be 2nd or 3rd instar at most. They mature at 6th instar

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Brian S said:
About 3 inches or so. Although there are some that are a bit smaller.
The one you got at AC looked to be 2nd or 3rd instar at most. They mature at 6th instar
so we're lookin at about vittatus size here?