Tityus Serrulatus

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
One of my Tityus Serrulatus is having babies right now.Looks like she has about 15 and still having them.I'm going to try and get pictures.I'm going to hold off til after she gets done,and there all on her back.Its the first time I've had one give birth.

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats! I recently had my first Centruoides vittatus give birth and they started to molt a 2 days ago.

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Looks like I'm going to have to setup a photo bucket account to be able to upload pictures.I'll get them up as soon as I can.My guesstimation is that she has atleast 18.4 of them are on the side of the deli cup.Will she get them off or do I need to try and get them onto her?

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wouldn't advise doing anything that may stress her out especially since this is her first brood and could be your only chance at a future breeding colony. Sometimes the babies find their way back on to the mother and sometimes they don't, I'd just let her do her thing.

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wouldn't advise doing anything that may stress her out especially since this is her first brood and could be your only chance at a future breeding colony. Sometimes the babies find their way back on to the mother and sometimes they don't, I'd just let her do her thing.
I went ahead and tried to put them back on her.One of them climbed right on,but the other 3 kind of just clung to each other.She didn't even get defensive at all.I don't know if it is her first brood.She was an adult when I purchased her.

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I tried to get pictures of her with her brood.Everytime I uncovered her.She would run like crazy.So I decided to leave her alone.I'll get pictures of them when I catch her out.All of them are on her back and belly.I have another one,but I think she had babies recently before I got her.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Don't blame it on her! :DYou took pics through the dirty plastic :D

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't blame it on her! :DYou took pics through the dirty plastic :D
LOL,I know in the last picture.My Andro tank showed up good.All my enclosures are Glass.I just put her in a critter keeper to seperate her from the other one.I don't take many pictures.It shows with poor quality.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
LOL,I know in the last picture.My Andro tank showed up good.All my enclosures are Glass.I just put her in a critter keeper to seperate her from the other one.I don't take many pictures.It shows with poor quality.
:) These girls are skittish and even more when they have young on their backs, so it is difficult to make good shots of them.

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was wandering how long it took.From the time they were born until they molted to 2i.I figured it would take 4 to 5 days,but it's almost been 7.If I can I'll try and get pics after they molt.

telow

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cool congrats and good luck with them man i miss mine haha

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks Telow.10 of them are alot bigger than the other 5.1 of them is a runt.I'm talking tiny.

Ralph_moore84

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats! I recently had my first Centruoides vittatus give birth and they started to molt a 2 days ago.
I know this is late,but for some reason I over looked your post until now.Congrats on the vittatus babies.How many she have?