Tityus crassicaudus

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
Found this little girl during my trip to Ecuador. This was found near Banos. She was collected by accident, when processing plant material for identification and was found clinging to the underside of the foliage, of material we had collected earlier on the day. Luckily, no one was stung and she wasn't injured. I released her, of course.
Seeing a member of the genus in person really reawakened by desire to work with this genus again. I used to have about 30 tarantulas and scorpions, 10+ years ago and and excited to look into keeping them again.
Does anyone have and places that can point me in where I can purchase Tityus antheses, crassicaudus, or obscurus? I'm sure these are rarely available, if at all, as they were years ago.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Tityus asthenes pops up every now and then but T. obscurus is very rare in the hobby. T. crassicaudus is a new one for me, as I have never even seen a picture. Tityus is an awesome genus that comes and goes in the hobby. T. magnimanus used to be super common and now those are even hard to come by.

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
Apparently crassicaudus was just described/identified in 2015. It's rather small and not as interesting in appearance as some of the other members of the genus and this species is also more terrestrial.

Rugg the bug man

Arachnoknight
You can also try pinchersandpokies website I bought some stigmurus from them a couple months back

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats man! PM me if you get a brood I'd love to trade/buy some off you!