• The Review & Report forums are closed to new posts. Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews & reports. If you do not see a review item for a seller, please contact them and request they create their own review item. If you would like to leave a breeding/bite/sting report, please contact an administrator with the species name that you would like to report and what type of report you would like to leave. We will create an item for you. The Seller/Buyer/Shop Inquiries/Warnings forum is still open for new posts.

Tityus bahiensis

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Last night just before I went to bed I just happen to notice a half eaten cricket in one of my T bahiensis boxes. In that particular box is 4 juveniles that are about 1 or 2 molts to adulthood. I got the box down and set on the table and opened it like I had done many times. I have bark stacked in there for hides which I had to remove 1 piece in order to get the dead cricket out. I looked where I was picking it up and then I felt it!! A sharp throbbing pain in my finger. I pulled out my hand real fast and the scorp went in the air and landed on the table. My finger was hurting very badly but I was worried about getting the scorp back home which I naturally had the forceps there and got it back home.
I didnt know what would happen so I set up a couple more hours and monitored myself just in case something serious would start. For about 2 hours my finger near the sting throbbed like getting hit by 3 wasps at once. I also had some numbness on that side of the finger with light tingling sensations going up my arm just past the elbow. After 2 hours the the tingling stopped and the pain had lessened alot. I went on to bed and woke up with my finger a little sore but by noon all the soreness was gone. It has been almost 24 hours now since the sting and I feel no pain at all.
Out of all my Tityus, I have always felt bahiensis is a little more high strung. Its not agressive by no means but they have MOST EXCELLENT CAMOFLAUGE and are difficult to see when on bark.
I also checked the scorpion this morning and it is also doing fine.

Although nothing serious happened except for some discomfort this was a little reminder to me to always exercise caution when working with scorpions. Now I pass this little reminder on to everyone.