User Rupert's Tarantula Pictures

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I love these guys! I can't wait until my sling starts looking like this....one day. It's going to be a while!

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
a long way down, right onto the edge of the enclosure. @Rupertrupert, you do understand how deadly your photo is, yes? If you are going to handle a large heavy bodied terrestrial, do it LOW over something soft. If your smithi should fall from where it is in your photo it is dead.

RoachCoach

Arachnodemon
We've all seen professionals carry tarantulas like that. The only hate you may be catching is because you are a literal new account, and we expect you to have virtually zero experience. I always defer to animal safety and this makes me a boringboi. I have yet to drop any heavy bodies though. Flashy will get you views, but it is a dangerous game as @viper69, @Matt Man, and others have made a good point on.
Edit: And I literally free handle Reclusa.

Rupertrupert

Arachnopeon
We've all seen professionals carry tarantulas like that. The only hate you may be catching is because you are a literal new account, and we expect you to have virtually zero experience. I always defer to animal safety and this makes me a boringboi. I have yet to drop any heavy bodies though. Flashy will get you views, but it is a dangerous game as @viper69, @Matt Man, and others have made a good point on.
Edit: And I literally free handle Reclusa.
I know what I'm doing. I never experience any tarantula injury or falling of tarantula in my hand for 9yrs

a long way down, right onto the edge of the enclosure. @Rupertrupert, you do understand how deadly your photo is, yes? If you are going to handle a large heavy bodied terrestrial, do it LOW over something soft. If your smithi should fall from where it is in your photo it is dead.
I know what I'm doing sir. No tarantulas have been injured in my hands for 9yrs

IMG_20210130_170723.jpg