Tips on setting up a communal for Centruroides Hentzi

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I have three scorpions, a vinegaroon, and amblypygi. I have an extra enclosure and decided to look into getting probably three female C. Hentzi. I know they stay small, they’re tropical, new world, and they live 3-5 years. I don’t have any previous experience with the species though so any advice for the enclosure or anything about the species would be appreciated.

GordoOldman

Arachnoknight
Hentzi are amazing little scorpions. They spend quite a bit of time climbing, so plenty of vertical space helps. As a base substrate I use sand, chopped sphagnum, gravel, clay and compost...mixed to look like mostly sandy soil. I utilize slash pine bark slabs (clean pieces with no sap on them) and palmetto leave pieces, with a few cork bark pieces as hides partially buried in the substrate. A very light sensitive species, but super fun to watch hunting. My hot end stays 82 F, cold end about 72 F. I overfill water bowls occasionally to boost relative humidity in the enclosure and under the hides. Cricket hunting machines...amazing how fast their venom immobilizes a cricket their own size or even bigger than they are.

I use fine screen mesh as ventilation, babies will crawl out of holes drilled or punched in with soldering irons.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Keep them well fed. They are communal until they are not.